Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Megasquirt Mods?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesM
As i am in the process of designing a megasquirt board specifically for d-jet applications I am in the position to add any modifications to the main board that i like. While i am trying to keep it simple I am considering some extra circuits that might be usefull.

Currently i am thinking about adding the 2nd MAP sensor for constant baro correction, a jumper to power the MS2 chip, an on board mod to allow running with no TPS, and jumpers to allow the primary MAP sensor be taken off the board and possibly installed in a gutted D-jet MPS(for the people that REALLY want to be stealth.

I am looking for other ideas to consider as well, so tell me, what are people doing or would like to do with their MS setups?
JFJ914
While I applaud what you are doing, aren't you violating the Megasquirt use rules? Using Megasquirt requires the use (purchase) of a GENUINE B&G circuit board. All comercial uses that I know of incorporate the genuine board along with the desired mods on a seperate board, DIY PNP as an example.

Now to answer your question:

Baro correction
Hall and VR conditioning
COP Drivers
Tach correction Ckt (5v to high voltage spike)
Wiring harness to incorporate the existing 914 engine harness and Relay Plate
underthetire
Yes, please dump the DB connector and put something else in it's place. I never had a failure, but those connectors are not known for longevity.
JamesM
B&G have a licenseing agreement that i believe covers custom main boards that i am looking into in the case that i actually wind up selling these things. http://www.megamanual.com/copy.htm As for my personal cars they all started out with genuine MS systems that i now have just sitting on a shelf, so in that sense i did purchase a genuine B&G board for each of the cars i have running. I view what i did on my personal cars as a mod to the existing system, just one that required a completly different board. Obviously I am not going to look to the mainstream MS community for support on such a custom setup. Worst come to worst though i could just intregrate an offical board into my setup, that would not be a big deal but would most likely affect the cost. Im not in anyway trying to screw the MS guys here, my initial motivation was just to find a solution to the problem of NLA d-jet parts.

IPB Image

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Sep 26 2010, 05:14 AM) *

While I applaud what you are doing, aren't you violating the Megasquirt use rules? Using Megasquirt requires the use (purchase) of a GENUINE B&G circuit board. All comercial uses that I know of incorporate the genuine board along with the desired mods on a seperate board, DIY PNP as an example.

Now to answer your question:

Baro correction
Hall and VR conditioning
COP Drivers
Tach correction Ckt (5v to high voltage spike)
Wiring harness to incorporate the existing 914 engine harness and Relay Plate

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.