Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Porsche horn button on a budget. "Get errr done!"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I saw a similar horn button done by a vendor at a race event at Laguna a couple of years ago. I wanted to do one and today, I finally put it together. I purchased a 3 prong wheel cap for $5.00 at the Part Heaven swap meet back in June. It had one of the 3 prongs broken off and was chrome with both overspray of black and gray primer. I broke the remaining 2 prongs off, wire brushed, and sanded it clean before painting it a satin black today.

I had also picked up a Momo horn button for $13.00 (7.99 and 5.00) shipping via evilbay.

Click to view attachment

I attached one to the other with 3M outdoor weater resistant double-sided tape. This stuff is super sticky and can easily handle the weight.

Click to view attachment

This is the end result. Yes, the horn works.

Click to view attachment

The gap is with 2 layers of tape.

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Great job! cheer.gif

I have a Momo wheel and a brand new center cap... may have to give this a try. idea.gif
DanT
Nice result Michael biggrin.gif
badm
Very nice, I did one last year and used epoxy and a washer to space out the horn button. I wish I had thought to use the duble side foam tape. It needs that extra 1/16 of an inch for it to work well. Nice job beer.gif Badm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.