Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6l Engine Rebuild, final update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
As some of you may know, I had to rebuild the engine in my teener because of a spun rod bearing.

I invited my grand daughter to assist in the rebuild for a learning experience.

Well, all is finally done. The engine is running fine, no smoke, no oil leaks. We've put about 150 miles on it so far. It runs good and strong, it pulls like a freight train.

The only major issue is a fuel delivery problem that is kicking my Ass and I cannot seem to solve. Once that is done the car will be fully dependable.

Below are a couple of pics of her giddyness at the car actually running after she put her effort into it.

Ron
watsonrx13
Congrats Ron... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
jt914-6
Get that fuel problem resolved and sign up for the MUSR 11. Bring your grand-daughter if possible. You'll love it....... driving.gif driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif
iamchappy
Great work! and what an accomplishment for you and your grand daughter,,,,
TJB/914
Ron,

What a wonderful story pray.gif Congratulations to the Granddaughter and you too!!!!

BTW: My grand kids are young & we are only building LEGO together at this time. Cars later. w00t.gif

Tom
rick 918-S
What a great experience for you and your grand daughter! Now buy her her own project 914 and start on round 2! driving-girl.gif A nice 2.0 would be cool.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 28 2010, 06:19 AM) *

Get that fuel problem resolved and sign up for the MUSR 11. Bring your grand-daughter if possible. You'll love it....... driving.gif driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif

agree.gif
This is taking place in your neck of the woods anyway and would be an awesome reward for your granddaughter for all of her hard work and dedication and patience. Show her why the love for these little cars is so immense.

www.musr11.com

Shoe
shoguneagle
Great Job! The look in her eyes tells it all!!! Both of you will remember the events for a long time.

Get the car dependable and take your granddaughter to the MUSR 11. You both need the togetherness to complete the memories.

Congrates!!!
Steve Hurt
Root_Werks
Ron,

very cool you can involve any of the younger crowd. Old cars seem to be becoming a lost hobby.

My son and I took the coolest trip a few months back to pick up my Monster Squareback while delivering a real 914-6 with 275hp. He got to spend some good time behind the wheel of the 914. Really opened his eyes to what it means to drive something so pure in it's intent, no comprimise.

Good on you for keeping her involved and enthused!

driving.gif
RON S.
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Sep 28 2010, 08:03 PM) *

Great Job! The look in her eyes tells it all!!! Both of you will remember the events for a long time.

Congrates!!!
Steve Hurt

Steve,

Both my grands will tell you they wouldn't trade this past summer's weekends for nothing, but I gotta tell you, you're misreading the look in her eyes.

It actually says "THAT CAR IS MINE ON MY 16TH BIRTHDAY cheer.gif " Believe me, I can translate it.

Which means that in a couple of years I've gotta be a bad guy and break a heart. sad.gif

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.