Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 Shift Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Do they all have a little dimple in the round flange at the top (area where the bottom of the boot would attach or go over)?
McMark
Am I the only one who's confused? confused24.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 28 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Do they all have a little dimple in the round flange at the top (area where the bottom of the boot would attach or go over)?

Sis one? confused24.gif

IPB Image
Drums66
....meinz Dossent poke.gif
McMark
This?
Dr Evil
I think he means the stick shift console, no?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 28 2010, 12:07 PM) *

I think he means the stick shift console, no?

confused24.gif
McMark
"Hey guys! Do all the cars have the thingy under that metal piece near the corner?"

poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 28 2010, 12:35 PM) *

"Hey guys! Do all the cars have the thingy under that metal piece near the corner?"

poke.gif

Only on early cars ... lol-2.gif
burton73
Like this oneClick to view attachment

Bob B

This was on #41
jt914-6
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 28 2010, 03:06 PM) *

Like this oneClick to view attachment

Bob B

This was on #41

Yes I think that's what he means.....my first thought...and yes...I think they are all like that.....
Eric_Shea
Shut up Mark slap.gif

Thanks Mr. Burton!

I was going to get mine powdered. I spent about 10 minutes hammering one out with a body hammer and dolly. Then I remembered I had the second one so I figured I see if that one was in better shape... oops, same dimple. :derpy-derr smiley:

So... looks like they're all like that (except for the one I have here) biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, dumbass. That dimple is OEM engineered. poke.gif

I did know what you were talking about, though smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
Ya, dumbass

(check Dr. Evil off Christmas list) mad.gif

tongue.gif
McMark
Wow, I was just looking at that part today and thinking about the dimple but didn't make the connection. I blame your poor descriptive skills.

Yes, the dimple is stock.
Rand
I was skeptical, but wondered if this was legit, until JimTab ordered up another round with the local waitress crew.

The good news is, I don't need special treatment to find out if the local waitress crew has all their dimples in the right places. And don't start bringing up their round flanges again. The stories keep raging around Tahoe.

Oh, and admins, please ban Dr E from posting more photos of his dimples.
Eric_Shea
OK, next question (I'll try to keep it simple for some) dry.gif poke.gif

Why? I know what the waitresses dimples are good for but what does this one do (and no, it doesn't prevent the shift lever from jettisoning out of the console)?
Rand
I'm sorry, your waitress and I have already discussed all of this. Her attention span was..... Oh wait.... It was spicy. I told her to ask about brakes next time.
Rand
Ok, back on subject. Please people. Oy. Jim will answer to this later. FOCUS. Dammit. Danielson.
Rand
Please do not make me expound on....
The...
Calip....
HERS....
Hah. Stories galore at store. Don't leave it all on me, I know you can bring it...
Drums66
..Women love dimple's poke.gif laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
You guys are going to have one hell of a hangover...

Speaking of which. I played at Bill Ludwig's (III) wedding. Talk about a hang over. It took 5 years for me to even look at champaign again!
McMark
I can't imagine any reasonable function the dimple could serve. I expect that it's a part of the manufacturing process.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 29 2010, 05:11 PM) *

I can't imagine any reasonable function the dimple could serve. I expect that it's a part of the manufacturing process.

My guess is somebody at Porsche had a few too many of these:

IPB Image

laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Ohh Brother... this thread is destined for the pain30.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 29 2010, 03:50 PM) *

You guys are going to have one hell of a hangover...

Speaking of which. I played at Bill Ludwig's (III) wedding. Talk about a hang over. It took 5 years for me to even look at champaign again!

Eric.....of the Ludwig drum family(bill)?? pray.gif
lf so?....what an honor...very cool indeed! drunk.gif
bye1.gif P.S. last celeb I jammed with Peter Green of fleetwood mac fame, lives near me!
Eric_Shea
Yes... at their house in Chicagoland. Big Bill was firing off the cannon in the back yard. Quite the festive event. Lots of big names sat in (of which I can't remember... LOL). AJ Pero was notable though... could-not-find-four!

We ran out of champaign and started drinking white wine downstairs at the bar which was surrounded with gold and platinum records and pictures of the Beatles.

Second worse hangover I've ever had... How I got home; I do not know.
Drums66
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 30 2010, 01:22 PM) *

Yes... at their house in Chicagoland. Big Bill was firing off the cannon in the back yard. Quite the festive event. Lots of big names sat in (of which I can't remember... LOL). AJ Pero was notable though... could-not-find-four!

We ran out of champaign and started drinking white wine downstairs at the bar which was surrounded with gold and platinum records and pictures of the Beatles.

Second worse hangover I've ever had... How I got home; I do not know.

...I've been there before biggrin.gif (hungover..not knowing how I got Home)
peace! bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.