Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used Renegade 901, how much $$$?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TurboWalt
I'm considering selling my re-geared Renegade 901. What is a fair price for one of these?
JmuRiz
Do you have 3 of them or something ;-)

FYI, I have no idea what they'd be worth.
Mike Bellis
How many miles?
What does Renegade charge for a new one?
my best guess is $1-2K.
Some guy was trying to sell one on Ebay for $2K. He re-listed several times before it was gone. There is always someone here that needs a re-geared tranny.

If you buy just the tall 5th gear from Carquip the price is $650. Then you have to rebuild it. My guess is Renegade charges $3-4K for a rebuilt from them.
Bruce Hinds
10-12 years ago I paid Renegade about $1200 to re-gear mine. I don't think they had to replace much, it was in pretty good shape.
Krieger
Whats in it that has been done and made it special?
NC_Colfax
Their website list $2950.00
campbellcj
What is inside it gear-wise? Any mods such as intermediate shaft, plate, LSD/TBD, or cooling system?
TurboWalt
From Renegades website:

"TRANSAXLE UPGRADES
The stock transaxle out of the 914 is perfectly usable in a V8 application. However, it will withstand only about 300-hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. (Note: Don't use first gear!) Also, the trans will probably not last long under abusive driving conditions. Thus, we offer upgrades to fit your engine and driving needs.

$2,450* REBUILT 914 TRANSAXLE WITH TALL GEARS: While your trans may be used in stock form in a V8 application, rebuilding with taller gears provides better gear ratios for V8 powered cars. Your transaxle will be completely rebuilt** unlike many shops that claim they will do the complete job. We block off 1st gear, as it is a very weak gear and not needed for V8 applications, then we replace 3rd, 4th and 5th gears with taller gears. Your new 4 speed trans will have excellent gear ratios and terrific drivability. Cruising at 70 mph in the original 5th gear (now your new 4th gear) with the tall ratios, your rpm will be about 2,500 verses the 3,300 with the stock gears. Another advantage of the taller gears...your fuel economy will improve. You should gain at least 3 mpg. (NOTE: Trans shipped dry, without speedo drive, clutch fork, clutch pulley, backup light switch and pin."

History:

This transaxle has 2500 miles on it. Car was built by Renegade in Las Vegas. The owner then drove the car to Virginia. Due to engine problems the car was never driven beyond that. I purchased the car, it was transported to California where the car is now. I'm converting to LS Series and need a stronger transaxle.
jaxdream
You want a stronger transaxle ?? Go to a 915 or a G50 flipped, and then come up with the shiftting , clutch arm setup . Should meet your needs.Ask what other V8 'ers are running , get some ideas of the pros / cons . Good luck....

Jack / Jaxdream
Drums66
......1/2 of the new price....unless you did something special to it!?? flag.gif
just a guess idea.gif bye1.gif (majority rules)
Andyrew
I'd say 1500 is a good selling point. As a third party, one could pick up a good trani for 500, spend another 500 on a rebuild, another 300 on an H gear, and another 300 on replacement parts. This is bare minimum using the cheapest labor you can find.

again i'd say 1500 is a good selling point, However I dont think I would refuse 1250.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.