Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: VW content: Lost Life Magazine Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I was emailed this along with others in a power point slide show. These are from 'lost' WWII photos by a Life Magazine photographer. No information on the photos but Hitler is in all. If you want me to forward the email, PM me your email.

This looks like Hitler blessing the VW Beetle.
Tom_T
If you've seen translations of his speeches, you can guess that he's probably going on about how wonderful HE is to bring you these vundervul Peoples' Cars! biggrin.gif
... & yadda, yadda, same stuff on the NAZI's, 3rd Reich, etc. being so vundervul! laugh.gif

Dr. P also designed & his firm built German Army tracked vehicles for the Nazi war effort during WWII, as well as some quick 1930's racers to win for & extol the vunders of the 3rd Reich.

PS - now that you & a bunch of others have these pix, they're no longer "lost"! biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I believe that is the cornerstone laying ceremony for the factory at Wolfsburg.

Hitler did have a fair bit to do with the beetle. He wrote the guidelines for the beetle, it had to do 100kmph (62mph) for the new autobahn, had to be easily repaired by the owner, had to cost no more than 800RM, etc.
His government supplied the cash and the SS did most of the test driving.

I've seen these before, I believe there in a VW history book by Clive Prue (sp?)...so they weren't really "lost".
Mark Henry
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Mark Henry
About every hitler VW pic you ever want to see here
http://www.google.ca/images?q=hitler+VW+pi...280&bih=933
jaxdream
Personally , I think that (VW ) is the only thing that crazy SOB did right . The success of the VW piratenanner.gif is what brought us what we are working on here ( 914 ) aktion035.gif and see if we can get GM , Ford , Chrysler to build cars that the everyday guy can repair !!
My $ .02 ......

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.