Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Discount pricing on 914 Factory Oil Filters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Just want to pass on a buying tip for our newby's smile.gif

Yesterday I went to my local Howard Cooper Porsche parts dealer to buy a new Porsche factory oil filter for my weekend project. The parts guy said the part
#021-114-351-A is the correct one. He said do you want me to put Porsche before the # @ $22.50 ea or put VW before the # @ $10.80 each???

I was so excited I bought (2) factory oil filters. I just noticed I forgot to get my 10% PCA discount sheeplove.gif

Tom
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Sep 28 2010, 02:36 PM) *

Yesterday I went to my local Howard Cooper Porsche parts dealer to buy a new Porsche factory oil filter for my weekend project. The parts guy said the part
#021-114-351-A is the correct one. He said do you want me to put Porsche before the # @ $22.50 ea or put VW before the # @ $10.80 each???

I was so excited I bought (2) factory oil filters. I just noticed I forgot to get my 10% PCA discount sheeplove.gif

Tom

I retail 'em in my shop for 10 bucks, and I'd sell 'em to you on batches of 10 for substantially less than that. Without the fancy name, but it's the SAME filter as you bought at the dealer.

The Cap'n
TJB/914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 28 2010, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Sep 28 2010, 02:36 PM) *

Tom

I retail 'em in my shop for 10 bucks, and I'd sell 'em to you on batches of 10 for substantially less than that. Without the fancy name, but it's the SAME filter as you bought at the dealer.

The Cap'n

Hey Mr Krusty.

How about a Sales pitch on your parts & services?? I always read your advise, but here in fly over country (Mid-West) we don't know what you do for the 914 crowd. confused24.gif

Free comercial time or maybe Cone Dogger will step up to the mike?? yellowsleep[1].gif
Is your name really Mr Krusty unsure.gif

Tom

SLITS
The Krusty One earned his moniker. His real name shall remain a secret. If I told you I would have to kill you and the picture is really close!!!!!!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 28 2010, 04:11 PM) *

The Krusty One earned his moniker. His real name shall remain a secret. If I told you I would have to kill you and the picture is really close!!!!!!

You told him you'd have to kill him if you told him my name. You've told him only part of the story. You have to kill him if you told him you would have to kill him if you told him my name ............ Get to it!

Actually, I'm only The Cap'n when I speak ex-cathedra from the throne of the 914 room. In real life, I'm just the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet ...........................

The Cap'n

Oh, and I'm not really in the parts biz. I can make you deals on certain things, and I often do, but I would rather you dealt with the nice folks at GPR.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 28 2010, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 28 2010, 04:11 PM) *

You told him you'd have to kill him if you told him my name. You've told him only part of the story. You have to kill him if you told him you would have to kill him if you told him my name ............ Get to it!

Actually, I'm only The Cap'n when I speak ex-cathedra from the throne of the 914 room. In real life, I'm just the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet ...........................

The Cap'n

Oh, and I'm not really in the parts biz. I can make you deals on certain things, and I often do, but I would rather you dealt with the nice folks at GPR.

Mr. Nice Guy Mr Krusty. grouphug.gif

I'll be in my bunker with my GLOCK-20 waiting for Slits to talk. av-943.gif I am glad I don't live in CA.

Tom bye1.gif
Tom_T
Hey Tom - you had to get the Porsche price for the PCA discount, & that's usually 20% when I've seen it! biggrin.gif

Mehle & the other reputable OEM/OES filter makers are just as good & same product with their name on it, but take the Krusty one up on his deal! shades.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 28 2010, 04:20 PM) *

In real life, I'm just the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet ...........................

The Cap'n

agree.gif ... but I don't want to spoil his Rep! he-he-he! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.