Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCORE!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
A little suggesting from Eric Shea and some googling got me to a Italian repair shop near me that just happened to have a pair of rear 308 calipers.........for
$200 piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif WOooo Hoo!
Thanks Eric!
McMark
OMG! ohmy.gif
Krieger
I didn't even hagle. I said piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Michael N
Nice score.
MikeSpraggi
That is an unbelievable score! aktion035.gif . What are the differences if any with the 914/6 caliper?
IronHillRestorations
Spacers for vented rotors, for one thing.
Steve
The bleed valves are on the wrong side. I wonder if it matters?
McMark
IIRC, Eric @ PMB adds a second bleeder (since there is a boss cast in).
Eric_Shea
Bleeders. $150.00 for a new pair in the proper location. smile.gif

Then they will be dual bleeder calipers like the late 914 models.

Good score. Those are selling for $1,200.00 with the mod. and all gussied up.

Same piston and pad size as the 911 rear caliper. 308's are vented so you can use a 911 vented rear rotor and either space the caliper back 5mm or put a 5mm spacer under the rotor hat. If you space the caliper back it may rub the arm I think I have a thread here somewhere about the mod. needed to the inner adjuster tubes.

Krieger
I may be sending them to you for that mod. I will need at least 1 1/2 rebuild kits. I still have one unused kit for the 911sc m that I bought before. Will these work on the 308s? I know I will need more seals because of the ebrake parts. I also bought longer bolts and some spacers for these calipers-are these the same that I'd use for this job?
Thanks, I am glad I went this way. beer3.gif
Eric_Shea
Sorry... didn't see this: The kit for the rear M will probably work if it's a later model seal kit. We have the other seals as well.

I'm glad you went that way as well. Much cleaner install and, factory cables and operation.

Please consider the mod thing as it can make or break the caliper. One wrong seat and there goes that great deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.