Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am torn-please help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I have spent about three years building this car. My idea from the beginning was to build a 914 without cutting cost as the original 914's did. I wanted to build a more modern 914, such as
1.) 3.2 engine
2.) Electronic FI
3.) more plush interior
4.) upgraded brakes/suspension
5.) custom wheels
6.) steel flares, ect.

Up until now the decisions have come pretty easy as to what I wanted. I am now at the point of paint. The car is originally phoenix red, which I do like and would have no problem keeping. But part of me would like the car to have a little more splash than the original color. I want the car to keep its heritage, but also to be modern as well. I want it to be accepted as a true 914 but nothing changes that more than the paint. I know ultimately it is my car and I should get what I want but I do like both. The paint color I am looking at is below along with the original color. If anyone could photo shop the color to the 914, that might be helpful as well.

Your thoughts

Click to view attachmentColor I was thinking
Click to view attachmentThe original color-not my car
KELTY360
Killer color! 914s are best when they are BRIGHT. Back in the day, the 914s on the front line of the Porsche-Audi dealers looked like a string of neon lights. Be bold.
mepstein
Steve's car (the one you have pictured above with old color) is the inspiration for mine. I have it as a screen saver. I have black bumpers and won't be doing the hood crest but other than that, it could be a twin. It won't since Steve has since painted his car blood orange and added stripes.

PS - I'm doing a 3.2 and most of your other mods as well.
Tom_T
Hey James - you're doing a non-original "whit if Porsche had ..... " 914, so pick a color along the same theme which floats YOUR boat!

With the mods you've done, nobody expects it to be a CW queenie!
Tom
It would be outstanding that color. In my opinion, lighter colored 914's just look better.
Tom
mepstein
Strenger
messix
make it the original color but with a diamond clear [gives it a pearl/light metalic like effect] over the base, or a metalic version of the original color.

tc9148 has a yellow car with that and it looks cool!
bandjoey
Tangerine or Signal Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 2 FASTEST Colors on the planet.
MiddleMan
These days, seems like you can get a vinyl wrap in pretty much any color you want... so you can always change your mind later!
Root_Werks
VW has a color called "Snap Orange" that is starting to grow on me.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Sep 29 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Your thoughts

PINK Raspberry biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Cupomeat
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 30 2010, 12:55 AM) *

Tangerine or Signal Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 2 FASTEST Colors on the planet.

Well, beats me if they are fastest, but they look the best! ! !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.