Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TrueStreets
Hey guys, I don't own a 914, but I've acquired something interesting. I'm a Celica guy myself, RWD Celicas of course. But since I can't make new topics in the rebuild thread thought I introduce myself here with some interesting stuff.

Alright, so I just scored this kit that's for a Porsche 914, first off this kit is HUGE, the rear fenders are roughly 12" wide and the front fenders are about 9" wide. Requires a fair bit of body modifying since the front fenders need to be trimmed where the turn signal.

Here are the pics.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I'm still in the process of cleaning it up, but thought I'd see if anyone knows where it might have come from. Thanks for any info in advance.

Sorry for the huge images, how do you re-size images here?
Mark Henry
Cool! you should have posted it in the garage but an admin will move it there soon enough.
TrueStreets
Thanks, I didn't think I could since I tried to post in another section and it said I didn't have permission, I figured it was something to do with me registering today since i know some forums don't let you post in some section on the first day to prevent spammers. That would be nice if an admin can move it =)
TrueStreets
Looks like my buds on the Celica forums found out what it was.

Turns out it's a replica of the Group 5 Kit
IPB Image
IPB Image

It's specifically this version with the turn signals trimmed off.
IPB Image
Mark Henry
If you're looking to sell it post it in the parts for sale section.

Unfortunetlly pretty well no one here will do a street car in that (or any) kit. It's all stock narrow body or the factory GT flares.
For the racers I think it bumps them into a class they don't have a hope in hell of being competitive, but I could be wrong.

I had a Rayco kit a few years back, I got $500 for it. I took the money and ran.
zymurgist
I just popped in to say I used to own a 1973 Celica ST.
TrueStreets
Mark, thanks for the advice.

Zymurgist, howdy, 73 ST? Sweet, those are kinda rare. Did it have the decals?
Andyrew
You resize the images, THEN post them.

irFanview is a good program
TrueStreets
aight found a feature in photobuckets.

It's just on the forums i usually post on they either autoresize them or you have some controls to resize them as you're doing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.