Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about a 914/6 front engine mount bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ltd
Hi Guys, The long 914/6 12mm front mount bolt #914-375-267-00 is, I assume still NLA. Any sources for this bolt or, does anyone have the dimensions? Thanks, Brad Mayeur
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(914ltd @ Sep 30 2010, 09:29 AM) *

Hi Guys, The long 914/6 12mm front mount bolt #914-375-267-00 is, I assume still NLA. Any sources for this bolt or, does anyone have the dimensions? Thanks, Brad Mayeur

Calculate the length you need. Go to a John Deere dealer and buy it. If they don't have one in stock, they can get it. You may end up with an odd thread pitch, but they'll have something.

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
He's in Catepillar-land!
RON S.
Brad,

My six was originally missing the bolt when I bought my car. I just measured the length and went to my local bolt guy and bought one in Grade 8.

As long as you are not concerned with the head markings matching the original bolts, a bolt is just bolt, and that size and length is readily available.

Ron
Eric_Shea
Brad... which section of the PET is it in? That would give you all the specs. I'd bet it could be had from www.mcmaster.com
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 30 2010, 09:52 AM) *

Brad... which section of the PET is it in? That would give you all the specs. I'd bet it could be had from www.mcmaster.com

Why wait for McMC to ship it, and pay the freight, when there's a John Deere dealer nearby? Makes no sense to me, but what do I know?

The Cap'n
Jeffs9146
does anyone have the dimensions?

Here are some photos! I am sure someone here knows the thread/bolt size!

Cap'n Krusty
So he gets a 6 inch long 12 x 1.50 bolt. I might be inclined to get a 10.9, but an 8 would be fine. If they don't have it in 1.5, 1.25 works just as well.

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
Bingo:

McMaster #91280A747 http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP?tab=f...tring=91280A747

You'll like it much better than anything the Cap'n recommends I guarantee it and... you should have it in a week (or two, or...) and it won't be green or SAE! poke.gif

tongue.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 30 2010, 01:59 PM) *

Bingo:

McMaster #91280A747 http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP?tab=f...tring=91280A747

You'll like it much better than anything the Cap'n recommends I guarantee it and... you should have it in a week (or two, or...) and it won't be green or SAE! poke.gif

tongue.gif

Just so you know, Eric, John Deere has used metric hardware (Caterpillar, too!) for years, if not decades, and that's what you get when you call them for hardware. And it's not green, it's cad plated like hardware should be. ...............

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
Well... what fun is that? av-943.gif
914ltd
Thank you all for your responses. I think I have enough info to get this done. Brad
McMark
Hey! mad.gif

We're not done bickering about John Deere vs. McMaster-Carr! It's the new four vs. six debate!
Eric_Shea
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.