Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Complete Engine Price Check
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NC_Colfax
I have purchased a small block chevy core for my winter project conversion and bodywork on my 914.

I have a strong running 2.0L in my 1973 914. I was told it was build with euro pistons and has a reground cam to match the dual weber IDF 44's. It has electronic ignition(dizzy,MSD 6A box,MSD coil,and tach adapter). Complete with everything Type 4. Only problems I know of is a couple oil leaks and need to re-jet the carbs to your choice. Motor was built by a Porsche shop in Clearwater, FL.

I have not pulled the engine yet so it is not for sale but I am looking for a guess to what would be a fair price for the complete package. Numbers and pics would be taken once the engine is out and "for sale"

Thanks
brant
you should take leak down and compression before removal to help the sale.

brant
markb
I'd put it up for sale while it is still in the car, so prospective buyers can hear it run/drive it before purchase.
NC_Colfax
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 30 2010, 07:58 PM) *

I'd put it up for sale while it is still in the car, so prospective buyers can hear it run/drive it before purchase.

You know I was thinking the same thing. I just put a brand new starter on the car.I took the core back today......
SUNAB914
I'll give you $250.00, go ahead and pull it.
NC_Colfax
maybe for just the carbs biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(NC_Colfax @ Sep 30 2010, 08:33 PM) *

maybe for just the carbs biggrin.gif

I'd be interested if the price is right. I need something to run in the LE while I go through the motor on it. Maybe it will turn out to be as sweet a motor as the one I bought from Rob Ways. Bought it as a turnkey and pretty much that is all I did, install and turned the key.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Sep 30 2010, 08:25 PM) *

I'll give $300 to out bid Chris.... poke.gif
av-943.gif

Porcharu
A few years ago I sold my 2.0 + trans + wiring harness and ECU for $900 or $1000. It was a complete running engine that had some life left in it. The trans needed a rebuild.
Steve
Cupomeat
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Oct 1 2010, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Sep 30 2010, 08:25 PM) *

I'll give $300 to out bid Chris.... poke.gif
av-943.gif

I'd go with $301, Bob!

Wait is this "The price is right"?

(then again, I would buy it for $301 and even much more.)
PanelBilly
$301
Drums66
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 30 2010, 04:58 PM) *

idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
good idere.......don't harm it, and ruin the deal!(just jumped off the turnip truck)
NC_Colfax
So say 1K for a couple package...sound fair???
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(NC_Colfax @ Oct 1 2010, 07:50 PM) *

So say 1K for a couple package...sound fair???

I was thinking somewhere in that vicinity. Love to see some compression numbers.
NC_Colfax
I will see what I can do......
SUNAB914
$351.99 Mojo
qa1142
I paid $650 for complete running 2.0 with stock fuel injection, likely little less with carbs

my 2 cents
carr914
I just sold a 2.0-4 GA case that had been rebuilt with a Raby Cam & 1.8 Heads, with rebuilt Weber 44s for $1,500
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.