Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rims for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grelber
Just pics, can't see the stampings on the back.

If they are real, what would they be worth?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
These are probably repros. The edges are too sharp. Look on the back in the cavity of the spokes. If they are real there will be a factory part number cast into it.
(like 911 361...)

QUOTE(Grelber @ Oct 1 2010, 07:39 AM) *

Just pics, can't see the stampings on the back.

If they are real, what would they be worth?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Tom_T
I saw that ad & IIRC he/she called them "windmill" wheels, so they obviously don't know what they had (I thought they meant Fuchs 2L wheels).

Just call/email them off the ad for pix of the fronts & backs (with detail of the part nos.) of all of the 4-5 wheels, plus top & bottom shots from the edges of all wheels to get an idea if their true or bent.

Then post here for price idea, plus look at 911 stuff at Pelican, PCA etc. for ideas on price. A nice set of real ones was listed at $2200-2500 for 4-5 IIRC.
Drums66
.....Wolf Wolf idea.gif (boy who cryed wolf)
bye1.gif
Grelber
The guy says the car (a roller also listed, w/ a slopenose kit) was his Dad's, who used to race it. It's been in storage for a few years, and he's just getting rid of the stuff. His storage shed is only a mile or so from my house, so I'm going to go and look at it all Sunday morning.
Mikey914
You know your going to want to buy the car it's part of the sickness. biggrin.gif

Depending on what he wants for the whole thing he may give you a better deal. You'ld get the 5 lug set up too, + an extra car.

How can you say know no to that (unless he's way high).
Grelber
Just bought a 5 lug setup, I'm just looking at alternative rims. And another car? Not now, maybe later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.