Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD........FS 75 914 AUTOMATIC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
computers4kids
I really like this car, but the reality is I just don't have the time with my job change or the space to keep it so I'm offering it up here first. I had planned on painting it but no longer have extra garage space and I can't seeing having it sit out in the weather. Purchasing a motor home has only made my storage space even more at a premium. I want to be able to have a tow car for my RV and the automatic just complicates the matter. Price: even trade for a “flat towable” small vehicle in good shape.
Cash Price--$3900

Here's the story if you haven't seen the thread...
About ten years ago the husband of an elderly couple who owned the car for years passed away. The widow drove the car for a while but driving a clutch 914 became increasingly difficult as time passed but she didn't want to give the car up for sentimental reasons. Anyway, she took the car to a Porsche repair shop and had the car converted to an automatic. This 914 has been pretty much a daily driver up to about a 1 1/2 ago when I bought it.

Since purchasing the car, I have cleaned-up and improved the conversion, gutted the inside of the car and renewed it with new carpet, paint etc. I did have the rotors turned and new pads installed. I think one of the calipers may stick once in a while, just haven't taken the time to follow-up on it.

Thinking I was going to paint the car I started feathering paint chips etc out so there are primer spots here and there.

All the seals on the car are in wonderful shape. I replaced a handful of the seals that were questionable.

The motor is a stock 1.8 Ljet as far as I can tell. The exhaust has been converted over to 2ltr exchangers and banana muffler as part of the automatic conversion. The motor runs pretty darn good, but could use the lifters adjusted--sounds like there is a noisy lifter when cold then sounds like your typical 1.8 motor. The car drives very nice, doesn't pull or shake and the transmission works great. The PO said the motor had a valve job about 3 years ago.

I also added new red top optima.

The transmission is out of an Audi 5000 and all the conversion parts I was told are either Porsche or Audi. Originally the shifter was Vanagon, but I installed one out of an Audi 5000 and it looks great.

The original conversion had a console, which I removed and put in a triple gauge in the dash cluster. Originally the shop had altered the pedal set by removing the clutch pedal and enlarging the brake pedal. I replaced the pedal set with a sportomatic pedal set which was a complete bolt in, plug and play solution.
If one was so inclined, they could easily change the car back to a manual transmission--everything was a "bolt on" conversion. The only cutting involved a small section of the trunk which was raised to accommodate the starter sticking up a bit.

The tread on the tires look great, but on close inspection you can see drywall cracking.
There is a small crack in the lower passenger corner of the windshield.
The car is rust free and solid. The rear passenger taillight must have leaked and some rust had started in the corner--the spot was ground off and treated.

I added a passenger stock mirror and rekeyed all the locks. Everything works, electrical is all good and functions correctly.

The pictures posted are when I first brought it home, and the re-renewed interior and a video taken the first week I had the car. If interested, I can post fresh pics.
Mark
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UN2gZ-nYLA

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
70_914
Very cool car! Good luck with the trade.

Too bad my "'flat towable' small vehicle" isn't worth very much...
Very unique ..good luck with the sale.
Andyrew
Mark,

sad.gif

If I had something to trade you I would!!!

I just love this conversion! Do you have a price you might let it go for? I would just love to get this for my girlfriend (Unfortunately low on funds, so this is probably just dreaming now..)..

Shoot me a PM or something!

Andrew
computers4kids
Well, it looks like the PMs I've been recieving are people that want a price to just buy it. $3900

Here are three current videos that might help.
First video is video of inside, outside and trunks.
Second video is going for a drive--you hear some wind...I had left the window down.
Third video--All the VIN numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSm0FPoOf4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHUMdCV-CY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofmCtvi8os

computers4kids
Requested pics
Andyrew
They had to have rebuilt the trani and setup the pressures for shifting, Those RPM's are perfect for the aircooled T4! To often you see people lugging these cars around and I was afraid that I was going to see this car driving from 1500-2k, but instead is 2500 to 3500 like it should!!

This car never ceases to amaze me!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.