Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
I took the inspection plate off and had it sandblasted primed ans painted, ther was a bit of surface rust but no holes or anything. I have the 2 new rubber seals but I am finding it very difficult to put them on due to the bends in the edge where they are supposed to go on, am I doing something wrong?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mikey914
They are a little difficult to put on, I made mine from aluminum (internal clip), so they would be easier to bend (than the steel OEM), but just take your time and bend them as you install. They should go on and stay on nicely.
Ian Stott
Wow, got it done, had to use a dull table knife to open up the split where it pushes on to the edge, then I squeezed the seal tight on the edge after with a pair of pliers. Glad that job is done, I keep grinding along trying to make her a little better than when I got her. Going on the Fall tour with the PCA Acadia gang tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be great and my teener is ready to go!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mikey914
Hadn't tried that, but sounds very effective. Just out of curiosity, was this one of mine? Or factory steel. The aluminum should be very pliable if it was mine. The OEM I can understand.

Ian Stott
It was the factory original, new seals from AA, sandblasting,priming and painting by my body John!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.