Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Streets of Willow April 17/18
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Aynone in So Cal who doesn't come to these is missing a bet. Just about unlimited track time $165 for the weekend. Saturday night BBQ and party. Where were you?

Anyway, here we are as seen by Shelby drivers. One four, one six, and one eight.
Scott Carlberg
Howard,
more pics Please!!!

I LOVE that wing on your car Howard... No, really, I do. clap56.gif mueba.gif
Howard
Scott, you're close enough to come over, so take your own pictures next time laugh.gif

And I've had about enough wing conversations! All the young girls think it's hot.

Anyway, loudest car award goes to Tiger:
Howard
Meanwhile, next door at the big track:
Howard
Gaggle of Loti:
Howard
Really nice one:
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Howard @ Apr 18 2004, 04:09 PM)
Scott, you're close enough to come over, so take your own pictures next time laugh.gif

Approximate Travel Time: 5 hours 20 mins
Distance : 277.3 miles

me > Rosamond Ca

Yea I guess you're right laugh.gif

thanks for the pics Howard, but I kinda meant more pics of the 914s. Got some?
J P Stein
Why am I mucking about with a 914 when what I really want is a Lotus 7 (or clone)?. ....answer:
Cause I spent all my money on the shitbox laugh.gif

oh, nice wing, Howard cool_shades.gif
Howard
JP.. real catch would be 7 with wing!! aktion035.gif

Agree with you about the Lotus, but hard to justify cost of the replicas. You could put a Miata and a Ducati in your garage for less, and have just as much, if not more fun.

Original has collectible value of course, but when you look at the number of parts on one of these things, whazzup? They can be used on the street, but the ride is beyond harsh and the crash resistance is about the same as a moped. That's why we keep screwing with the square cars.

And did you notice 2 of the teeners in Vegas had that same fugly wing? I think it will become the next craze icon8.gif
team ftb
Whats the scoop with the Shelby club? I thought you had to have Ford power to run a car with them. About 2 years ago I tried to run a Chevy stockcar with them and they said no. How many non Fords were at the event?

Great to see a 914 take TTOD. Did you guys run the full course? What was the TTOD?
Howard
This is OPEN track day, so anything goes. Think they have 2 per year. I'm sure that some events are Shelby only, but this isn't. As many Fords as non Fords, and only one Replica Cobra. Several GT350's but only one looked like a real one. Last event had much better car selection.

We ran the current (POC) streets track config clockwise. No xponders, as this is a 'driver training' event, but he was running 1:11ish by the sundial. Same guy/car took ttod at last POC event there with a 1:09 .
team ftb
Howard,

Thanks for the info on the Shelby club. Howz about the POC can you run your V8 914 with them?
Howard
exhibition only, not for class racing. until I get the thing a bit more sorted, think I'll stick with the 2.0 anyway
boxstr
J.P. call this guy and see if he will let you take it out for a spin, say next Sunday wink.gif
http://66.12.226.29/Birkin/index.html
Located in Portland.
CCLINLOTUSSUPERSEVEN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.