Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New electrical problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
A few days ago I went to get something from my car. As I bent over to pick up a bag I noticed that the oil pressure light and generator light were on. The keys were out of the car.
I put the keys in and turned it on and off a few times but the lights stayed on, the dash stayed powered up. I started the car, OK, and shut if off but the power stayed on to the dash.
I figure a relay is stuck in the closed position but which one is it?
Any help?
904svo
Clean your fuse block, sounds like fuse #8 or is it #9 is not making contact.
tracks914
OMG I looked at my fuse panel and noticed that fuse 8 was askew and touching fuse 9. I must have hit it with my knee or something. I straightened it out and reconnected the battery......no dash lights!!! piratenanner.gif
You are sooo smart. beerchug.gif
tracks914
Does anyone have an old fuse cover for sale???
76-914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 3 2010, 03:02 PM) *

Does anyone have an old fuse cover for sale???

They don't exist, it's a myth. shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would think that the ignition switch is bad.

QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 2 2010, 07:08 PM) *

A few days ago I went to get something from my car. As I bent over to pick up a bag I noticed that the oil pressure light and generator light were on. The keys were out of the car.
I put the keys in and turned it on and off a few times but the lights stayed on, the dash stayed powered up. I started the car, OK, and shut if off but the power stayed on to the dash.
Any help?

Drums66
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 4 2010, 06:51 AM) *

Any help?

....That's happened to me..that's what it was??? hissyfit.gif
bye1.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 4 2010, 05:51 AM) *

Any help?

You mis-read, no dash lights was what I was aiming for.
Straightening out the fuse fixed the problem.
I had hide my wife's b-day present in the car and when I picked it up the bag caught under the dash....must have bumped the fuses.
Again, it was all my wifes fault!
surfbus66
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 5 2010, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 4 2010, 05:51 AM) *

Any help?

You mis-read, no dash lights was what I was aiming for.
Straightening out the fuse fixed the problem.
I had hide my wife's b-day present in the car and when I picked it up the bag caught under the dash....must have bumped the fuses.
Again, it was all my wifes fault!

I think I need to move to Canada. Here in the states it's ALWAYS the husbands fault. slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.