Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa newfoundland on prime right now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Targa newfoundland on prime right now Ch # 458 on express vu.

Looks real cool smilie_pokal.gif
Mark Henry
Over.

Looked like a blast, I saw the front fender of a silver teen in touring class, bunch of 911's, one 356, a 944, a C4, and a 993. The full gambit of other cars, vintage and modern. Some of the roads are a lot like in Europe, narrow and twisty.

Lots of damage if you left the road, but it looked pretty safe. In the racing there is two classes, vintage pre 1976 and modern '76 and up. A 65 Mustang won overall, because it was just as fast as the newer cars, plus it got extra points for being vintage.

If I had the time and coin I'd do it....

Eyes the buys thats builds de boat, eyes the buys thats sails er...

smilie_pokal.gif
mike_the_man
That was a teener fender that I saw. I got all excited when I saw it. My girlfriend just looked at me unsure.gif she didn't get it. It looks very cool. I'm hoping to give it a try in the next couple of years. I think the Touring class would be a good start. I guess I should start saving now.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Apr 19 2004, 08:41 AM)
That was a teener fender that I saw. I got all excited when I saw it. My girlfriend just looked at me unsure.gif she didn't get it. It looks very cool. I'm hoping to give it a try in the next couple of years. I think the Touring class would be a good start. I guess I should start saving now.

Yep I saw the fender and yelled "I saw a teen!" I was glued to the rest of the show, but I didn't see it again.

I doubt if it's cheap, they put on dinners, parties, car shows... the works. The guy in the Ruff twin turbo 911 got a ticket for speeding while driving in-between legs. laugh.gif

Even from here Newfoundland is about 1500 miles away and about a $100. ferry ride.

Maybe when I'm rich and hanging out with the wine and cheese crowd. rolleyes.gif

smilie_flagge24.gif
Mark Henry
BTW I turned on the TV this AM, to check the weather and I caught the tail end of it again. Check your listings, it may be repeated several times over the next couple of weeks.
davep
So you are going to tape it for the rest of us sods, right?

DaveP
Jake Raby
One of my 2270 customers was going to enter his car, that might have been the teen you saw!
Mark Henry
Jake, I don't think he did it, we were talking about that guy just awhile back, his web page is dead. He's not listed in the results.

If he did then he was in touring class, timed event, NO speeding, but again he's not listed in the results. Any car in the racing class got an hounerable mention or at least we would have seen it. The whole show followed the racing, the touring class only got a couple of 30 second blips.

I've tried looking for it with the Vu (on the TV) guide (max 3 days) and I can't find it. Does any one subscribe to the Vu monthly printed guide?

The cost, from their site (A ball park price in USD would be about $3500).

WHAT ARE THE TARGA COMPETITION COSTS & WHAT DO I GET WITH MY ENTRY FEE?

The Targa Competition has an entry fee of $4500 CAD which includes the following:
*All applicable Canadian Taxes.
*Entry into the Targa Competition.
*Insurance covering 3rd party damage (vehicle is not covered by event insurance).
*All Breakfasts and Lunches for the Driver & Co-*Driver/Navigator for the 6 days of competition.
*2 tickets to the 2004 Official Kick-Off Barbeque.
*2 tickets to the 2004 Awards Banquet.
*Identification for 1 Crew Vehicle.
*A clothing package for the Driver and Co-Driver/Navigator which includes:
*Competitors Jacket
*Targa Baseball Cap
*Targa T-Shirt
*Targa Lapel Pin
*Transportation from the evening vehicle expos to various hotels for the crews.
*Luggage transportation for the crews from each overnight stop to the next.
And more...

** Accommodations are extra, and can be arranged through Maxxim Vacations by calling 1-800-567-6666 or 1-709-754-6666, or Email info@maxximvacations.com. Visit Maxxim Vacations online @ www.maxximvacations.com! **

The site:

http://www.targanewfoundland.com/index.htm
Jake Raby
He did just kind of disappear..

Damn this sound like a vacation...
Ray Warren
I have been to Newfoundland twice and still have some family there.
Newfies are some of the friendliest people you will
ever meet.
GWN7
It looks interesting, but for 4.5K you should get a bit more than 3rd party insurance, two meals and $100 worth of clothing...I know taxes are high here, but..... huh.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914ray @ Apr 19 2004, 03:26 PM)
I have been to Newfoundland twice and still have some family there.
Newfies are some of the friendliest people you will
ever meet.

The couple next door, Herb and Deb, are Newfies.
My closest best buddies, (the ones I can count on one hand), Herb is one of them and we really have not much in common. He's just the nicest guy you'd ever meet.
Plus he's always bringing me over a beer. beerchug.gif

It would be an amazing vacation, that banquet and Bar-B-Q look well done with lobster, etc. Newfies know how to put on an event with traditional music, dancing, etc and of course beer!

The racing is flat-out rally driving through highways, country roads, fishing villages, town and city streets.
One of the legs was through Gander, if you remember, this was the place that a lot of planes landed during 9/11. The local people took total strangers into their homes.

I don't think you can find this type of racing anywhere else. The Porsche by Mantis Racing got beat out by a '72 BMW 2002 and the '65 Mustang because of points. Pre '76 got extra points for being classic.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_flagge24.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.