Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT - ARGH I hate electrical issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since replacing one head and both sets of gaskets for my 91 range (170K miles) two weeks ago I now have a Fning electrical bug. headbang.gif chair.gif slap.gif

After two days of sitting the battery is dead. I have something that is draining it, but have yet to find it. The Alt is good, puts our 14.5V, Battery shows 13.8 at the terminals when truck is running and 13.5 when off. Let it set for a few days and the battery is almost dead, only showing 6v. I have replaced the battery last week and it s GOOD. Once I jump it and getting running battery charges up.

WTF.gif So my project this week is finding what the heck is going on. Just what I need another project.

Thanks for letting me vent. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Start by removing the positive terminal from the positive post of the battery. Next connect a test light between the terminal and the post. IF it lights brightly the car has a drain. Next with the key in your pocket and the radio and turn signal off, begin to remove one fuse at a time, until the light goes off. THAT is the circuit with the drain. If none of the fuse removals turn off the light, pull the alternator plug into the relay board. If the light goes off then, a diode in the alternator is leaking voltage causing the drain.
That is a start.
GaroldShaffer
Thanks George, gives me a starting point. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.