Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going with the green stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
A few days ago I posted asking about platinum plugs. Got alot of good answers, thanks to all who replied. I want to change the oil (as I have no idea what the PO used in there) and adjust the valves. So after a short period of getting twisted up about what to use as a substitute for Brad Penn, looking at a bunch of Blackstone analysis data, I decided to just go to the only "local" distributor for the stuff, about 20 miles away. Yes, it is pricey; almost 70 dollars for a case of 12. I'm hoping it's going to have a positive effect- the engine has a little over 50k and shows between 125 and 130psi compression.

Thanks Jake.......

Joe
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Jake Raby's new oil is the stuff to use.

QUOTE(porscheless @ Oct 5 2010, 01:39 PM) *

A few days ago I posted asking about platinum plugs. Got alot of good answers, thanks to all who replied. I want to change the oil (as I have no idea what the PO used in there) and adjust the valves. So after a short period of getting twisted up about what to use as a substitute for Brad Penn, looking at a bunch of Blackstone analysis data, I decided to just go to the only "local" distributor for the stuff, about 20 miles away. Yes, it is pricey; almost 70 dollars for a case of 12. I'm hoping it's going to have a positive effect- the engine has a little over 50k and shows between 125 and 130psi compression.

Thanks Jake.......

Joe

Porschef
Thanks Doc,

Now I just have to read up in the tips book about doing the valve adj's

Should be fun..... beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 5 2010, 01:45 PM) *

Jake Raby's new oil is the stuff to use.

QUOTE(porscheless @ Oct 5 2010, 01:39 PM) *

Thanks Jake.......

Joe

George,

Is that the "Snake Oil"?

Where can I get it? I use Brad Penn right now.
VaccaRabite
You can't get it yet. Use Brad Penn.
ripper911
When is it coming???
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 5 2010, 03:32 PM) *

You can't get it yet. Use Brad Penn.

I thought he's already selling it? No? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.