Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Largest 914 event in US History?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Name, date, location, number of cars, and Pictures if you were there...

Is MUSR 11 going to be in the running for the most 914's at one event?? cheer.gif

Are we making history ? confused24.gif

Remember, we love pictures...
Tom_T
Hey Bill - I thought the upcoming 2012 End of the World 914 Gathering was supposed to be the biggest ever - anywhere!? confused24.gif

But then again, nobody will be around afterwords to enjoy the pix, nor to verify the status as largest! lol-2.gif
robby750
I asked this question in the MUSR thread a couple of days ago. What is the record for most 914's attending one event?
rick 918-S
Fifty cars here but I think closer to 70 at one time over the weekend. WCC 04 The Alien was there.
dlee6204
914International usually has pretty good turnouts.

http://www.914international.com/gallery/20...10_official.htm

I believe that had over 60 cars for their 2010 meeting.
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
WCC 04 or 05 was the largest IMHO.. There was a TON of cars at each of those events, I remember 05 at the ranch we covered that grass...
Tom_T
idea.gif ... hmmmmm .....

113,000+ 914s of all MYs & types made & +/- 60% sold to the USA - take in less attrition of all types, and we should still be able to do better than 50-70 914s in one place! blink.gif

- esp. for 2012, since it could be our "last" chance.......ever! laugh.gif

BTW - I love the Wye Valley where they did that 914 International 2010, back when my wife & I honeymooned in the UK & Ireland - we B&Bed there with a great couple!
I remember telling my wife as we drove the Welsh Twisties there in our shit-box Hyundai rental "hired car" (the early crappy ones) how much more fun it would be in my 914 - which had been whacked a few months before after all my resto work back then!
SLITS
WCC05 .... as I remember, somewhere around 100+
bandjoey
I'm in for the 2012 event...can't wait to get the Tshirt that was posted some months back. blowup.gif OR very_first_smiley[1].gif Either way, let's Party!
bandjoey
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 5 2010, 06:04 PM) *

914International usually has pretty good turnouts.

http://www.914international.com/gallery/20...10_official.htm

I believe that had over 60 cars for their 2010 meeting.
Click to view attachment

Wow. Here's a couple of hours of 914's!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 5 2010, 06:57 PM) *

Oh ya, Andrew and Slits are right. There were cars everywhere at the ranch!
Tom_T
Dontcha just hate it when they won't arrange them in groups by colors! laugh.gif

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 5 2010, 04:04 PM) *

... and then there's always a taildragger or two that wants to sneak in & play! dry.gif

IPB Image

... now who wuz dat!!?? shades.gif
Jake Raby
I counted 81 at the Le Mans Classic in 2006, all parked in order of VIN.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 5 2010, 05:37 PM) *

agree.gif

There's more to the left that didn't make it in this picture and they were double parked to the right ...
hot_shoe914
California events don't count cuz you $#^@$ have 4 times as many teeners as the rest of the country! mad.gif
Jamie
smilie_pokal.gif Hey, there's an original L99A Delphi Green on the L, the glorious color just like my "Dad's Mistress" 73!
BigDBass
Looks like we'll have to settle for the largest 914 event of the decade. I can live with that. biggrin.gif
Rotary'14
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 5 2010, 05:37 PM) *

agree.gif

I remember WCC05! There was a lot of 914s. I was able to sneak in and get a free burger! Then I joined the club, and dragged out my eternal project from ma's garage.

-Robert
Elliot Cannon
WCC 2005. BEST EVENT EVER. The most cars. The most raffle/give away prizes. In-n-Out burger truck. Track time at Willow Springs. Dancin' on top of Never Land. Howie knew how to organize a good time. A fun time was had by all. I still miss him.
Andyrew
Yup, WCC05 was the only event I took my 914 to, to date (Black primered w/ 5 lug fuchs, w/ cowl hood in the last pic of the cars in post 11). So many great people/ cars. I STILL have some of those hats somewhere!! I use my "Cone Dodger" as often as I can! Such a great quality event.

I was researching it earlier and it looked like Howie made 21k in total revenue and 15k in total expenses, where 5k went to charity and the rest went to wcc06.

I still remember being on track with Rick in the Alien, chasing him with my v8 car!!! Sadly he was on older tires and stock springs so my car was alot quicker in the corners, but it was great fun!!!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 6 2010, 12:11 AM) *

Yup, WCC05 was the only event I took my 914 to, to date (Black primered w/ 5 lug fuchs, w/ cowl hood in the last pic of the cars in post 11). So many great people/ cars. I STILL have some of those hats somewhere!! I use my "Cone Dodger" as often as I can! Such a great quality event.

I was researching it earlier and it looked like Howie made 21k in total revenue and 15k in total expenses, where 5k went to charity and the rest went to wcc06.

I still remember being on track with Rick in the Alien, chasing him with my v8 car!!! Sadly he was on older tires and stock springs so my car was alot quicker in the corners, but it was great fun!!!

Ya, and a broken valve spring and blown head gasket. Still drove her home. Great time!

Wish I could make the Dragon. I'm working out of town and have no time to either finish sandy's car or fix my engine. dry.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 5 2010, 10:01 PM) *

WCC 2005. BEST EVENT EVER. The most cars. The most raffle/give away prizes. In-n-Out burger truck. Track time at Willow Springs. Dancin' on top of Never Land. Howie knew how to organize a good time. A fun time was had by all. I still miss him.

I miss Howie too.

My kids were really little, and it was hard to take a weekend to go play cars. I called Howard and asked if I could come up just for Saturday. He said sure, no problem. So off I went.

Fun time. I came in second on the poker run with a full house. Lost to someone else with a full house. I still have the metal silhouette cut-out of a 914 in my garage.

I thanked Howard a bunch and went on my way (after the In-n-Out burgers of course). There were over 70 914s there for sure. I went looking for the picture thread, but can't seem to find them.

This was the beginning of my friendship with Howard. It's a shame it was so short.

Maltese Falcon

Howard set up the WCC 2005 at the (Paramount) Ranch top notch. The In-n-Out roach coach was a hit, usually seen at corporate picnics. I think that Joe Sharp had the winning bid on our raffled MSDS headers. The poker rallye run in the twisties was a fun surprise.
As far as total 914s at one show, the big meet in Wolfsburg (914 Welt treffen ?) might have us beat...but still NO In-n-Out !
Marty
Dr Evil
I wish we had another Howard sad.gif
DNHunt
I miss Howard too. I still have a yellow ribbon on my antenna that I tied on the day he died. I see it every time I get in my car. It just seems right. I still use the my friend Howard skin on the web site.

Dave
SLITS
Howie is a presence that lives daily in my thoughts. Just a constant thought of, "What would Howie do?"
dflesburg
How many jackstands is that?
SirAndy
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 5 2010, 11:36 PM) *
Lost to someone else with a full house.

Moi ... biggrin.gif
markb

agree.gif
bernbomb914
both my boys and I had a great time there. we first met in Camarillo then went to the ranch then drove to Lancaster then spent the day at Willow Springs on the tract Great Fun
john grier
Guys, lets not lose the focus here,
We need to move forward.
Events of the past were great even if we were not there.
What we need to do is have events now that will equal or better the past events.
It is all about the people.
Come one, come all lets go to all the events that we can.
Let us remember the past but also look to the future.
The future gives us hope.
bandjoey
Who was Howie? confused24.gif
johannes

1999 Porsche 914 International Meeting in Bad Honnef (Germany). 94 cars had joined (target was 100)

My video is here :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9en27

smilie_pokal.gif
veltror
There were more 914's at Althrop I believe not that I can find the figure at the moment also i was at the Factory sponsored 25th ann event in Rust in 94, also don't have the figures for that but my car number was 149....
johannes
QUOTE(veltror @ Oct 7 2010, 01:41 AM) *

There were more 914's at Althrop I believe not that I can find the figure at the moment also i was at the Factory sponsored 25th ann event in Rust in 94, also don't have the figures for that but my car number was 149....

WOW ... If only I had a running 914 twenty years ago ...
veltror
I can scan some pictures if you want...
scotty b
Teenergeddon MUST happen............

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...199&hl=2012
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 7 2010, 07:28 AM) *

agree.gif
bandjoey
Tshirt makers, where are you?
BigDBass
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 7 2010, 07:28 AM) *

agree.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 7 2010, 05:28 AM) *

My house number is 2 0 1 2 happy11.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.