Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REAL Racing Wheels?? Anyone running them??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Thier prices seem pretty good:

15x7=$210.00 (13.84lbs)
15x8=$216.00 (14.40lbs)

the 16" rims are about $40 more

the bad part is that for stock bodied 914's, all of thier availble offsets are 1" too shy to work under the stock fenders.....perfect offsets for GT or custom flares.

It looks like they offer our 4x130 and 5x130 boltpattern.

they also offer just the outer rims w/bolts at decent prices smile.gif smash.gif

REAL Racing Wheels
ChrisReale
Panasports are about the same price. Those look like the centerline jobs that dont help with brake cooling. They do look light though
seanery
My local Hoosier dealer sells these. They seem like a cheap way to get some custom sized race wheels.
Brad Roberts
They look identical to the Duralights we use. Weights are about the same also.

I dont see "Road Racing" listed anywhere.

B
Mark Henry
Tried downloading the catalog and it crashed my puter. I've got it downloaded now and it won't open. I've never had a problem with other PDF's.

Stupid way to do a catalog IMO. One can't buy what they don't see.
confused24.gif
seanery
Try this one: VS Virtual Speedshop I don't know these guys, this came from an MSN search.
Mueller
R&S Racing (the link Seanery, a big Indiana Pacers fan, posted above) sells stuff for auto-x, road racing and drag...not too sure if these wheels are for auto-x only or are okay for road racing. I guess a call is in order smile.gif

R&S Racing also has some interesting FAQ for Hoosiers and wheels (backspacing/offset chart and more)
Mueller
I just got off the phone with "Frank", I guess the head honco.......

anyways, yes, they are for road racing as well as auto-x.....I'm sure they could be used on the street, but I didn't ask since they probebly say no for liability reasons.

another good thing is that they can make custom outer halves, so I might be in luck to get my rims made into 8's instead of 9's
KenH
Keep in mind.

From the GGR rule book:

3.2 SAFETY - AUTOMOBILES

All wheels, other than Porsche OEM wheels, must meet SEMA spec 5-1A or be subject to approval by the Tech inspector.

It is very hard to beat the stock Fuchs wheels for strength and weight.

Ken
Mueller
Thanks Ken,

That is the spec (I think) I was looking for in another post...

I know you wub.gif your Fuch's wink.gif , but have you thought about the fact that you are running a 30 year old rim which has been subject to many, many cycles of heat and stress????

Nothing lasts forever wink.gif
KenH
Thats the beauty of forged wheels, may bend but will probably not break - plus there is a lot of wheel there for only 2300 pounds of car.

Actually in 6 years of playing A/X & big tracks I have never seen a wheel problem from any manufacturer.

Ken
ChrisFoley
I use Keizer wheels on my race car - which are similar looking, but even lighter.
nine14cats
Hi Chris,

What's the backspacing of the rim you use on your car and do you use spacers?

I'm thinking of buying a set of rims for the track instead of running cookies....

Thanks!

Bill P.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Apr 20 2004, 10:12 AM)
What's the backspacing of the rim you use on your car and do you use spacers?

Bill,
I think it is between 4.5 - 5" backspacing.
I do use wheel spacers, 1/2" rear and 1/2" front IIRC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.