Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group 5 Wide Body Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TrueStreets
I'll be quick and straight to the point. I found a Group 5 Wide Body kit for relatively cheap, knowing that the 914 crowd is smaller than most I still decided to buy it thinking that I could make a profit.

So that aside, here is the run down.
$700 gets The Group 5 Kit which includes
Front Air Dam
Running boards
Front Fenders
Rear Fenders

I have checked with two separate suppliers of the kit, one was in Canada and the other is in Southern California. Both had similar prices that ran $1400 for all the items shown above. And from my research there seems to be three variants of the Group 5 kits out there.

It seems like this kit, with the exception of the front air dam being from a different version.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I believe it's this version for the front air dam.
IPB Image

Here is a photo of the kit
IPB Image

I'm asking $700, but I won't be offended by any offers, so if you want it, don't worry just shoot me a price laugh.gif

If I didn't have a project I'm currently working on I'd just use it for myself.

I am willing to ship world wide, and I'm also willing to drive it to buyer's home if it's within 100 miles of my home, i'll charge 5 bucks per mile (much cheaper than shipping, lol).

Ask any question, my number is 714-206-0409 AJ
BigDBass
Since offers won't offend, I'll offer $10 if you just destroy it in order to protect potential donor cars! biggrin.gif
rekphiv
Ahh, mustve been the kit in the car at the pick a part. Decided not to get it since its a shame to do that to a 914. I honestly doubt someone would pay $1100 for it installed nicely on a car. Either way good luck with the sale. Hope you dont end up stuck with it!
TrueStreets
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 6 2010, 01:29 PM) *

Since offers won't offend, I'll offer $10 if you just destroy it in order to protect potential donor cars! biggrin.gif

lol, what no love for the Group 5 style? laugh.gif

rekphiv, yea it's the same one, I thought it would be sad to let it get crushed if no one grabbed it since it was in really really good condition. Especially if some idiot decided he wanted to just break it, sometimes people in the JY like to do that sad.gif
koozy
I have a perfect car for that kit but it looks like it has a ton of chips and scratches. I'd give you a couple hundred bucks for it. Where in So-Cal are ya? I wonder how much it would cost to ship to Nor-Cal. I'm in Santa Clara (95051) but can pick it up in San Jose, CA if Greyhound is cheap enough.

I also have stuff to trade if I need to sweeten the deal. Ya need anything?
TrueStreets
would have to sell for more than a couple hundred. I'll have to check on shipping. There really aren't many scratches at all honestly, just on the air damn on the very edge there are 3 chips otherwise it's just a bit dirty, but I'm cleaning it up. And only one fender and one running board was test fitted the rest haven't been messed with. But you'd want to use some filler anyways to make it really nice and flat since this is fiber glass. Oh I don't think I mentioned this, but it's primarily fiber glass fabric with some inserts inside the layers to strengthen large flat spots.

IPB ImageIPB Image

edit: I just did a real quicky quote for greyhound and I think it'll be about 160+however much it'll cost to package everything safely. But of course I'd get a more detailed quote if things get more for sure.
koozy
I really don't want to do any smoothing to a thin fiberglass shell. It's going on a race car so I would be using it as-is with a coat of paint. Adding anything but resin would just crack and doing resin fixes takes too much time to do nicely. Let me know what you rock bottom price would be via PM and also let me know if there is anything you might need for your car. I have lots of nice and some hard to find items for the 914. I think I can find someone coming up here from there that would be willing to pick it up for me if the kit were cheap enough. I may not be the right buyer for this thing because it would be going on a budget racecar.

Do the test fitted parts already have holes drilled in them?
TrueStreets
if that's the case I'm sure after I clean it up nicely it'll be fine. Yea the 914 front passenger metal fender was cut and the FG one was fitted to it.
koozy
PM replied. I'm going to pass but I'll bump this for a good body kit. Someone should get this kit. They look fantastic on a race car.
TrueStreets
Ah ok, thanks. Yes someone should get it laugh.gif
badseed74
QUOTE(TrueStreets @ Oct 6 2010, 09:08 PM) *

Ah ok, thanks. Yes someone should get it laugh.gif

woud you consider shipping to ohio?
TrueStreets
Yes I would, but atm I have to run, so I'll find a quick quote tonight.
Eric_Shea
That #6 car pictures with this kit is the Kremer GT (#1 I believe). Quite a bit of history with that car in that configuration.

Could be a cool kit for someone looking to recreate that car.

All and any chips dings and scratches would be "normal" clean-up prep for any body guy on the planet. I wouldn't even begin to worry about that stuff. That's the beauty of glass.

icon_bump.gif for a pretty interesting find. Good luck with it.
TrueStreets
Thanks =)
TrueStreets
price dropped to $900
dflesburg
***EDITED***

sorry. -df
Eric_Shea
PEOPLE: Do NOT weigh in on someone's classified ads with your personal opinions.
TrueStreets
bump, still have the kit.
BuddyV
What's with the lack of love for this kit style?

Personal preference, no?

I think it looks OK.

Good luck with the sale. drunk.gif
TrueStreets
Thanks. I know some people want the other style, But I bet they'll pay double for what this is going for. Thanks for the comment =)
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 3 2010, 07:57 AM) *

PEOPLE: Do NOT weigh in on someone's classified ads with your personal opinions.

agree.gif

Not my cup of tea, but geeeze guys, let the man sell his body kit.

TrueStreets, your kit looks a lot like the one A.I.R. has been selling for a long time ...
http://www.americaninternationalracing.com...246&page=21

sixnotfour
fashback
Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2011, 02:09 AM) *
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 3 2010, 07:57 AM) *
agree.gif

Not my cup of tea, but geeeze guys, let the man sell his body kit.
agree.gif This is the classifieds section, not the garage. Whether or not you like an item is irrelevant.
TrueStreets
SirAndy:Thanks, yea that guy and one other company I found had them. That's where I based my prices off. Personally called both, they said they had them or at least they said they still have molds to make them. But yea, that's where I calculated the 1400 if you bought the stuff new.

sixnotfour: sweet never had a nice color pic of that car before.

Price $800 smile.gif
carr914
biggrin.gif I can't believe you haven't sold this yet - I think it is cool, but then again I'm not normal

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
icon_bump.gif
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Suprised Glenn hasn't bought this yet. wink.gif
sixnotfour
I loved that article about the red alan johnson time trial car, too bad it got cut up. both the bond car andd the johhnson car where at the san diego parade. I took the pics here. the one has my buddy garry yee in the photo.

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
SLITS
Barrett Jackson material (after it's finished)
TrueStreets
damn all those pics make me want to buy a 914 just for this kit. If I only had money for two projects =(
Evil914
I'll have to take out a mortgage to buy the wheel/tires big enough for it.......Caused one wreck on the freeway on the trailer/on the way home.It was built from a car that didn't have a straight panel on it.

Click to view attachment
TrueStreets
Bump Price drop to $700
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.