Full Version: how do I ship this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
its 72 inches wide.
a 6 foot pallet?
sean_v8_914
the nose is a one pc. front fenders and nose cone are one pc
messix
build a big ass wooden crate that will support and give you something to hard mount the nose to.
VaccaRabite
agree.gif

You are going to need to build a custome crate.

Zach
Andyrew
Build the crate so you can NOT put a pallet on top. AKA put the top in a triangle.

Or else your crate will get crushed by LTL company stacking 1000lb pallets on top.

Ask me how many times it has happened (big words "DO NOT STACK" all around the box, lo and behold some forklift driver went and stacked it and then the shipment is destroyed...) mad.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 7 2010, 05:07 PM) *

its 72 inches wide.
a 6 foot pallet?

Contact NAVL (North American Van Lines). I ship pinball machines this way. 300lbs coast to coast about $350. They will hand carry the item into the receiving premises too (usually). No crate needed for pinballs - they just throw moving blankets over it.
john rogers
Give Ted Myrus a call as he has bought one or two of them when had his 914 and rolled it at Willow Springs and Charlie at Black Forest also got one for Steve Livelsberger when he hit Vince Knauf in a race I think and they might have saved the big assed box it came in.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 7 2010, 05:07 PM) *

its 72 inches wide.
a 6 foot pallet?

Where is it going to? You build a nice crate and drop it off at our terminal I might can get it shipped real cheap for you. Depends on where it is going.

Shoe
jt914-6
Here's how things are shipped in Hawaii.....oh yeah....just shipping body parts....my bad.... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
andys
Why don't you ask how Rodger Sheridan ships them.

Andys
Drums66
QUOTE(john rogers @ Oct 7 2010, 08:45 PM) *

Give Ted Myrus a call as he has bought one or two of them when had his 914 and rolled it at Willow Springs and Charlie at Black Forest also got one for Steve Livelsberger when he hit Vince Knauf in a race I think and they might have saved the big assed box it came in.

...The big assed box........is what I was thinking poke.gif idea.gif
bye1.gif
(maybe a little bubble wrap?)
sean_v8_914
thank you all.
the 914world collective once again comes thru with the guidance to get er dun. once everything is finalized, I will report on how we used your guidance to ship it out.

so far:
big screen tv pallet as base 60 x 30
one pc nose section stood up sideways.
build "tree structure" inside
strap it all to one side wall
2x4s, drywall screws and plumber's strap material
a narrow 6ft tall box should avoid the stacking issue

charliew
What will the oversize cost be? I got a jhots tt suby motor and tranny with all the turbo controls and stuff on a 4x6 pallet and instead of using the weight it was shipped as weighing 800 lbs. It cost 300.00 to get it to waco, tx from around atlanta I think it was. I don't think it actually weighed over 500 lbs and it couldn't be stacked.
Mark Henry
A sawsall would solve your problem. sawzall-smiley.gif
poke.gif
bigvag
Man I wish I would have known that it was for sale. I would have bought it.
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(andys @ Oct 8 2010, 09:38 AM) *

Andys

Last time I asked him, he does NOT ship anything. Had to have a buddy of mine drive down to SLO to pick up my glass.

Great stuff though. Top notch parts.
914pipe
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Oct 9 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Andys

Last time I asked him, he does NOT ship anything. Had to have a buddy of mine drive down to SLO to pick up my glass.

Im lucky then... cause he shipped mine to Puerto Rico 5 years ago... in a HUGE box !!!! Wood frame....no bubble wrap... biggrin.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...73647&st=20
john rogers
Say Nukepipe, I see you are in Puerto Rico and have you ever been to Volkyland? That is where my 914 race car is resting now!!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Oct 9 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Andys

He's offered to ship to me confused24.gif
sww914
He dropped mine off at my shop for me.
Doesn't count really, he had to bring his trailer to pick up his MGA anyway when I was finished with it.
Looks like you're developing a solution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.