Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nissan V6 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Viper0762
Does anyone know where to find any information on swapping a Nissan V-6 into a 914? I was told it was common I can't find anything. Thanks
andys
You can start with Kennedy Egineered Prtoducts; they make the adapter plate and clutch for the Nissan V6. Hobart Kennedy told me, in a coversation some years back, the he believed the Nissan V6 was a great match for the 914 and its gearbox ratios.

Andys
Gint
Steve built one years ago. Great car. Send a PM to Malmz <- Link

He hasn't been on the site in a loooong time, but I would be surprised if he didn't answer a PM.
Viper0762
The motor and transaxle are in place. trying to get the computer wired and other wiring has me scratching my head now. radiator and other issues will show up later.

Thanks
RJMII
What part of montana are you in? I'm 3 hours from Billings, and am pretty good with wiring stuff... I've got a 2.5l Mitsubishi V6 from a dodge stratus in my 914 right now and am working on putting a V6 from a 3000GT VR4 in its place.

Which Nissan did you get your V6 out of? which computer are you running? yr/make/model of car your donor pieces came out of?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 7 2010, 08:23 PM) *

He hasn't been on the site in a loooong time, but I would be surprised if he didn't answer a PM.

I own Malmz's old car Sasquach. It a V8 though. He bought this V8 from CL. The Car went from Steve to Kentucky to Irvine to San Francisco.

Then...
Click to view attachment

Now...
Click to view attachment
Gint
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 9 2010, 09:14 AM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 7 2010, 08:23 PM) *

I own Malmz's old car Sasquach. It a V8 though.
No, you own one of Steve's old cars. Yes, that is also Steve's old car, but it's not the car I'm talking about. For that matter I've owned one of Steve's old cars. And last I heard it's now a V8 conversion also. But that isn't the point.

One of the 914's Steve owned prior to that car you bought was a Nissan Z/V6 conversion.
a914dude
http://www.malmz.com/
Sleepin
There was one in SLC or Las Vegas with a 300ZX engine in it....thinking it was Salt Lake.
StratPlayer
Yea it was in Salt Lake, I posted the ad they ran in craiglist a while back. The car was for sale.
JRust
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Oct 9 2010, 07:34 PM) *

Yea it was in Salt Lake, I posted the ad they ran in craiglist a while back. The car was for sale.

It's been on & off of CL for the last year or so too confused24.gif . Looks pretty solid & I'm kind of surprised it still hasn't sold
nsyr
I was just thinking about this the other day. I am sure you can get a vq revup v6 pretty cheap from any dealer. It will however have an oil consumption problem.

Sorry, I am just a little bitter when it comes to Nissan/Infiniti.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.