Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Does anyone know if the single barrel weber carb manifiold used on the 1.7s would fit on the 2.0
kphimself
QUOTE(matteyp @ Oct 7 2010, 10:45 PM) *

Does anyone know if the single barrel weber carb manifiold used on the 1.7s would fit on the 2.0

To my knowledge it will, i have dual single weber carbs that were on a 2.0 and they fit on my 1.7.
r_towle
bolt patterns are different, but a drill can fix that.
Port size and shape does vary a bit, you can port match it if you care.

Should fit, with some effort.

Rich
kphimself
Did they change that pattern on them at some point? Mine bolted right up, unless the guy i bought them off or had a 1.7 and thought it was a 2.0. I feel bad, sorry if i gave you some bad info.
r_towle
2.0 is a three bolt intake. (Wider position of the outer ear studs)
1.8 and 1.7 is a four bolt intake (two in the middle, outer ears are about 1/8 inch closer)

Some manifolds have three bolt holes in the middle and they have oval holes on the outer ears so they fit on anything...

Rich
jaxdream
Was the single barrel weber a 34ICT ??? Smaller carb , shorter intake length stack.Check to see if it clears enough , a 34ICT on a 1.7 is minimal as it is , on a 2.0 l it wouldn't be quite enough , general / popular thought.

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.