Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Hole in my Heart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
smilie_rolli_1.gif
dinomium
You are a better man than I Ghunga Din!
No way that laundry stays clean if I was ANY where near it!
beerchug.gif to you man who wears 914 pants!
fiid
Not to rain on your parade - but it looks like the car is not on Jack Stands. Make it safe before you get under it. Better smeg than dead (as they say on red dwarf).
sj914
Kinda looks like your wearing a tutu. laugh.gif
GWN7
Your a fashion Guru....not many are daring enough to wear that shade of yellow laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Your garage looks remarkably like mine. Right down to the yellow 914 up in the air and a dude playing suitable substsuite for a motor.

I've been wearing mine as hat mostly because I am cleaning up the engine compartment. beer3.gif
maf914
d7n7master,

I gotta second Fiid's comment about jackstands. We would hate to have to talk about you in the past tense, using your signature title "SumDumGei"! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

By the way, Joe, I've been wearing mine as a hat, too! I need to get with the program.

Mike
seanery
When I was 16 I put new shocks on my Olds Omega (Nova clone). I had two bumper jacks ohmy.gif holding it up. My dad came home while I was under it and read me the riot act. I got lucky! and so did you!
d7n7master
Alright guys,
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer - but, rest assurred that I used two hyd. floor jacks, two sets of jack stands and two 4 x 8 blocks of wood during the engine removal process. What you are seeing is a picture after I put the wheels back on. And yes, at this point I have removed the jacks stands, wood blocks, and all of my tools from under the car, ready to lower her down. Couldn't resist a photo opportunity... hehehe
I used the PP method of engine removal where you lower the car down to the furniture dolly. Rear wheels are removed to get the car low enough to release the engine onto the dolly. Here you see the wheels back on the car. Totally safe. But thanks for your concern!!!
Any insider suggestions on the best way to clean-up the fan shroud??? Engine tin, etc???
Simple Green? Media blast?
Thanks, Gary beerchug.gif mueba.gif
jarbuthnot
I love the picture laugh.gif . I laughed so much I almost fell off my chair. Still laughing.
Aaron Cox
where in OC my friend?
d7n7master
So, ya'all laughin' at me, or my disaster area of a garage??? My wife has been on my case for 4 months. Something about a f'ing joke. I don't know. I don't get the joke... I know where everything is - just don't touch anything - & stay out of MY garage!!! Except for the washer & dryer, dear. pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Well, I'm about 2g's over budget - and I still need a rebuilt tranny - and I'm a little worried about starting the new/rebuilt 2165 that I have sitting on a crate waiting for me to tear all of the goodies off the "old" engine, clean, paint, etc. & assemble on my "new" engine. Why? Because it's D-Jet. Don't go there... please. I'm going to take it to a decent dyno center & let them tell me what needs to be done. Maybe they can adjust the MPS??? Fuel pressure? I don't know, but you guys are tough on D-Jet on this site (jake) anything other than stock, stock, and stock. I've read over and over that it's gonna run lean & hot. OK. Will I be labeled an idiot if I just run the engine for 20 minutes to break it in on D-Jet??? Sorry. (off subject?) I'm rambling. Give me another beer... agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.