Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: periodic Tap-a-Talk request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Just my semi monthly request to open the World up to Tapatalk. 914World is now the only forum I visit that is not set up for it. Even the m715zone filled with crusty old military truck dudes uses it.

McMark, Andy.... Set our iPhones and Droids free! Break the shackles of mobile device web browsing! it will make you feel good. All the cool kids are doing it!

Its even free for forums to set up on.
http://www.tapatalk.com/

You local area tapatalk cheer leader,
Zach
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 8 2010, 09:50 AM) *
Break the shackles of mobile device web browsing!

I was thinking to use some of the cold CA winter nights coming up to create a mobile friendly version of our forum pages.

I've been doing a lot of iPhone stuff lately, and it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a mobile format that will work well on phones ...

type.gif Andy
montoya 73 2.0
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

My Blackberry will thank you!

underthetire
Please ! my droid pad will be useful then !
VaccaRabite
It would take less time to set up tapatalk then create a special wireless skin. And with a wireless skin, the board would still be less user friendly then tapatalk. There is no reason to recreate the wheel, at least that I am aware of.

Zach
Elliot Cannon
Is this a case of the technology being available, so we have to use it wether we need it or not? How much time do you need to spend on the internet?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 8 2010, 11:22 AM) *
There is no reason to recreate the wheel, at least that I am aware of.

In the free version you can NOT:

- Post images from your phone to a thread

- Send private Messages

- Create, Edit or Modify posts

That's a deal-breaker for me right there ... popcorn[1].gif

But, i like the overall layout. I think it'll do something along those lines for the mobile layout. biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 8 2010, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 8 2010, 11:22 AM) *
There is no reason to recreate the wheel, at least that I am aware of.

In the free version you can NOT:

- Post images from your phone to a thread

- Send private Messages

- Create, Edit or Modify posts

That's a deal-breaker for me right there ... popcorn[1].gif

But, i like the overall layout. I think it'll do something along those lines for the mobile layout. biggrin.gif

Are you sure about that?
To implement tapatalk for the forum is free.
The users do have to pay $2.99 for the app for their Droid or iPhone (and eventually Blackberry, but that is currently free). But, that said, many of us use the app for other forums and have already paid for it. Tapatalk allows use of functionality that currently does not exist for mobile web browsing (like using pictures directly from the phone to the forum).

That said, a mobile skin will be better then browsing the way it is now. But having used this app for other forums it is seriously faster then a mobile skin - at least on my iPhone.

Zach
RJMII
I think it'll do something along those lines for the mobile layout.

So what you're saying is... it'll be more than just a 'skin'?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 8 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Tapatalk allows use of functionality that currently does not exist for mobile web browsing (like using pictures directly from the phone to the forum).

Wut?

I can upload images into a thread using my Android phone. In fact, i did just that in the Limo thread the other day. Took a pic with my phone, went to 914world.com and added the pic to a post.

And yes, a mobile skin should make this obviously easier. But i don't see anything in tapatalk that couldn't be done with a simple mobile skin.

popcorn[1].gif Andy
SirAndy
Here's the pudding. .... Uploaded from my phone.

bandjoey
70% of my World time is on the iPhone. It works great. What's the advantage of Tap?
On any World page I just 'tap' my screen and it automatically resized full screen
ok does it give us a cute phone Emoticon ? type.gif Then I'm all in beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 8 2010, 03:59 PM) *
ok does it give us a cute phone Emoticon ? type.gif Then I'm all in beer.gif

We do!

call me.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.