Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nead a source for fastners for engine lid/trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
The rubber donuts that hold the engine grill to the engine lid. Does not need to be oem. I do not want to use AA and or pay 2 something each. I have a GT style lid and need more than usual. Also the 3 metal clips that hold the center trim piece on the rear of the Targa bar. Mine are kinda rusty.
TheCabinetmaker
I doubt your gonna find them for under 2 bucks.
azbill
I think you need cheese head screws. Check a VW shop they should have them for a reasonable price. AA IS VERY PROUD of their parts.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The correct ones are the factory ones of which we have many in stock of course The aftermarket ones are the steel with the putty in them that work fine but do not look correct. They are just over a dollar each. The center targa lateral finishing strip uses only three of the clips and again they are only factory as the used are like you said, rusty. This has become a popular item recently so we have plenty of these in stock as well. Its the place that stocks the little needed hardware pieces that makes the difference.

QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 8 2010, 02:58 PM) *

The rubber donuts that hold the engine grill to the engine lid. Does not need to be oem. I do not want to use AA and or pay 2 something each. I have a GT style lid and need more than usual. Also the 3 metal clips that hold the center trim piece on the rear of the Targa bar. Mine are kinda rusty.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
The correct ones are the factory ones of which we have many in stock of course The aftermarket ones are the steel with the putty in them that work fine but do not look correct. They are just over a dollar each. The center targa lateral finishing strip uses only three of the clips and again they are only factory as the used are like you said, rusty. This has become a popular item recently so we have plenty of these in stock as well. Its the place that stocks the little needed hardware pieces that makes the difference.

QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 8 2010, 02:58 PM) *

bandjoey
Even the cheap tin ones at PepBoys are $1 each.
Mikey914
James has them at AP-

Emblem Retainer Sets$7.5click to shrink
click to enlargeThis is a set of 6 3mm speed nuts, they are the correct size for your factory 914 script and emblems. 3mm is not too tight as to weaken and cut into the posts and is not too loose that they fall off. There is also a rubber washer attached to help keep emblem holes from leaking.
3mm Retainers
set of 6 $7.50set of 12 $12.50

http://www.914ap.com/products.php
Krieger
Thanks guys. OEM is not that big of a deal for me on this car.
computers4kids
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 8 2010, 04:29 PM) *

James has them at AP-

Emblem Retainer Sets$7.5click to shrink
click to enlargeThis is a set of 6 3mm speed nuts, they are the correct size for your factory 914 script and emblems. 3mm is not too tight as to weaken and cut into the posts and is not too loose that they fall off. There is also a rubber washer attached to help keep emblem holes from leaking.
3mm Retainers
set of 6 $7.50set of 12 $12.50

http://www.914ap.com/products.php

These won't work for the grill--too loose, but great for the emblems.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.