Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what are uncracked dash pads going for $
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
can someone tell me what the market price is for a perfect uncrack dash pad goes for these days. im talking about one that looks almost new. i havent seen a really nice one on ebay for awhile. any info would be much apptreciated
ConeDodger
Recovering a cracked one costs $400 to $600 and with new ones now unavailable you factor that in. That said, any 35-40 year old dash that isn't cracked is about to. Probably as it is taken out or put back in. Ask me how I know...
AndyB
blink.gif how do you know?
markb
The last NOS one I had I sold for $600.00, and that was 2 or 3 years ago.
70_914
I think they are all in Bigfoots cave with the tooth fairy...

BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 8 2010, 07:55 PM) *

That said, any 35-40 year old dash that isn't cracked is about to. Probably as it is taken out or put back in. Ask me how I know...

agree.gif
Had a perfect uncracked dash stored in a cool dark place and it cracked after a year or so.

Bob

ConeDodger
Mine was uncracked. Car had sat for over 20 years in dry storage with about 70K miles on it. I bought it, rebuilt everything mechanical, and watched it crack as soon as the car started to get used regularly... Looked like a new car. Just one that nothing worked on. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
I've got one with just one single crack. It's on my parts car. What's it worth?
Socalandy
I scored a NOS dash that was most likley the last run Porsche made dated 2000 still in the box on Ebay. Buy it now with no hesitation $500

So its only 10 years old drooley.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
carr914
When I bought my GT two years ago, it came with three uncracked dash pads. I carefully stored them away - they all cracked sad.gif
charliew
I saw one in San Antonio last june, I'm thinking it's not for sale. Even the plastic covers I put on my old chevy trucks crack in the tx heat. I will probably get mine covered in leather or go with a cf cover when I'm ready for one. The one on my 75 has a very small one starting, it was probably ok but the last owner let it sit outside while it was forsale and even though it was under a tree, I think thats what started it. I bought some scout II's and the ones that had windows broken or missing always had the uncracked dash pads. I put a good pad on my driver and put armorall on it and it cracked within a few months.
JeffBowlsby
The last NOS dashpad I saw, went for $1750 in May 2008. I know who has another one available...if anyone is interested.
twash
QUOTE(crxnug @ Oct 8 2010, 04:50 PM) *

can someone tell me what the market price is for a perfect uncrack dash pad goes for these days. im talking about one that looks almost new. i havent seen a really nice one on ebay for awhile. any info would be much apptreciated

70/71 dashes are different from 72 on dashes, have one new nos dash in factory shipping box looks like a wood coffin, but dash is new replacement production about 10 years old , today worth about $1500 if one is needed especially if its a 6 car.
Drums66
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 9 2010, 04:46 AM) *

When I bought my GT two years ago, it came with three uncracked dash pads. I carefully stored them away - they all cracked sad.gif

Yes fellas this is what happens! poke.gif
use it while it is still "uncracked" hissyfit.gif
bye1.gif (& put a dash cover on it!) idea.gif
ClayPerrine
I bought a rebuilt dashpad and kneepad for Betty's 914 from AutoAtlanta. They are both really nice. I would highly recommend them. George done good on that one!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.