Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring diagrams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Does anyone know of any really good wiring diagrams for the 914? Ya know ones for kindergardeners with big pictures? All my wiring is in place I just have no idea what plugs into what. Thanks

matt
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(matteyp @ Oct 8 2010, 07:00 PM) *

Does anyone know of any really good wiring diagrams for the 914? Ya know ones for kindergardeners with big pictures? All my wiring is in place I just have no idea what plugs into what. Thanks

matt

Hands-on visual learner ? I picked up an entire wire harness; had everything, fuse panel, the switches, all the connectors. I would pull it out of it's box when ever a difficult wiring issue arose.

These pop up at swap meets and are also a good source of color coded wiring

smile.gif
matteyp
I have everything in place I just don't know how it all plugs in. For instance which wires go to the heater lever which ones plug into the column, and the multiple taillight and headlight wires. Do each of the five wires on the taillights go to a specific plug or can I just plug the five wires anywhere? I suppose there all specific. That's really what I need to know.
jim_hoyland
There hae been several threads on wiring with nice wiring sketches, here's one I have. Use the search for others, maybe others will add theirs... smile.gif
Lennies914
Some great info here. beerchug.gif

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm
matteyp
Wow that's awesome thanks guys. Now I just need a couple more for the ignition and heater controls.
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment

That's all I can find on my hard drive right now...
matteyp
Hmmm thanks for the info but I have a hard time understanding those diagrams without pictures. Guess I'm not so smrt wink.gif
type47
My first question is what year is your car and what's the engine and induction? I will add that the diagrams on pelicanparts are my first source for electrical diagrams. The -73 diagram is a schematic shown above and is best viewed if printed on 11x17 paper; screen shot is way too small. The 74- are current flow diagrams with components in track and I can read that fairly easily. Folllowing the circuits by using the color code on the wire is the best way to trace circuits and helps you figure out what's connected to what.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.