Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hit a dog over the weekend.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Cruising at about 65mph and towing a trailer....I see a dog up ahead crossing left to right and brake to slow and it gets across the road OK.....THEN.....his buddy walks right into the field of the left beam with no time to react.

Thump thump.....geez..... barf.gif

Below a link to a HIGH speed animal strike....
http://home.alltel.net/sb32511/Bird...bird_strike.htm
Joe Bob
Similar thread on the skyrat board....found this....
DrifterJay
HOLYSHIT ohmy.gif
415PB
That sucks sad.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(415PB @ Apr 19 2004, 07:02 AM)
That sucks sad.gif

Yeah.....wasn't more than 2 miles from YOUR house....looked to be a stray, no tags or collar.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 19 2004, 06:23 AM)
Below a link to a HIGH speed animal strike....
http://home.alltel.net/sb32511/Bird...bird_strike.htm

Too bad, Z. sad.gif

BTW, broken link. You need to do a "copy link location" instead of just copying the text of the link. The Bird board automagically shortens links that are too long, and if you just copy the text you get a link that don't work.

--DD
Joe Ricard
Man that sucks. Hey whats with all the dog threads. Did the dog you hit still have his boys? Now that would really be a bad day. Have your nuts cut off then get hit by a car. Could be suicide.
maf914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Apr 19 2004, 08:30 AM)
Did the dog you hit still have his boys? Now that would really be a bad day. Have your nuts cut off then get hit by a car. Could be suicide.

Hey Z,

This didn't happen in Orlando, did it?

Mike
Qarl
No... Euro isn't a street dog...

wacko.gif
anthony
This sucks. I'd feel terrible if I ran over a dog. The only live thing I've ran over so far was a stupid squirrel. He cut across in front of me from the right. I change to the right lane to miss him and then he does a 180 and runs right into my car.
Chris914n6
Damn Mike, is there anything you DON'T think we need to know that happens in your life???

Go grab the wife and chrissen the new garage or something. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif clap56.gif smoke.gif smilie_pokal.gif smile.gif wub.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 19 2004, 08:25 PM)
Damn Mike, is there anything you DON'T think we need to know that happens in your life???

Go grab the wife and chrissen the new garage or something. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif clap56.gif smoke.gif smilie_pokal.gif smile.gif wub.gif

Already did that.....got it on tape and DVD....$29.95, CA residents add 7.75% sales tax..... mueba.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(anthony @ Apr 19 2004, 04:35 PM)
This sucks. I'd feel terrible if I ran over a dog. The only live thing I've ran over so far was a stupid squirrel. He cut across in front of me from the right. I change to the right lane to miss him and then he does a 180 and runs right into my car.

Did the same but it was a cat. Was on a first date with a girl at the time...needless to say she was not the one I married. laugh.gif

I've hit lots of birds, never one that big.
Neal
I remember in High School teaching a girl how to drive a car with a manual tranny (my 62 bug), she happened to be a HUGE cat lover. She was driving down a 2 lane road and a cat ran out and she hit hit the thing she was not even aware she had hit a cat she just said 'What was that bump'. I just said it must have been a pothole. I still feel bad for that cat. sad.gif

Neal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.