Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I get invited to a picnic...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beech4rd
Last Thursday my friend Larry calls me and tells me I've been invited to a picnic at a local resident's weekend house here in the Catskills and there may be some interesting cars there. Maybe we'll go for a short run afterwards.
So a bunch of us met at Larry's- four 911s, a Cayenne and a Citroen Traction Avant. We drive over to the picnic and there are four Spykers, a Ferrari Spyder, several Lotus Elites, a bunch of 911s, a Riley, some MGs, a Mercedes McLaren and, oddly in this company, some Saabs, including the very first of the new 9-5s to be imported into the US.
Then I was introduced to a tall Dutch guy who I later discover, is the owner of Spyker and has just bought Saab from GM. Apparently the deal was hashed out on the dining room table of our host.
The picnic wasn't exactly wieners on a barbecue, but we ate that wussy food anyway. It tastes better than wieners and is probably better for you.
Of course, we had to go for a run on some quiet back roads here in the Catskills. I'm happy to report that at no time did we exceed the state mandated speed limits.
I must apologize for the poor quality of the attached pictures- didn't take my camera and had to use the i-Phone.

Chris
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
beech4rd
More pics

Click to view attachment

Following the owner's Spyker

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Wow...
Ferg
Spykers are sweet!
carr914
Very Cool
Porschef
You should have known something was up when you got invited to a pic/bbq on a Thursday......

Headed up that direction today for some, uh, apple pickin' with the wife's family. Not taking the 914 though..

Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.