Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust Gaskets - 1.7 HE's on a 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Was told by the FLAPS that the 1.7 gaskets are different from the 2.0. I'm using my 1.7 HE's on the 2.0 so which gaskets should I use, 1.7's or 2.0's?
(or does it matter) confused24.gif

........b
TheCabinetmaker
Bruce, I think they are all the same. The diff is in the inside diamater of the pipes. I just did this last week. 2.0 with 1.7 headers. All is well.

Curt
Dave_Darling
The gaskets on the head go with the head. Get the 2.0 ones. The ones between the muffler and the exchangers go with the exhaust.

--DD
Bruce Allert
Thanks you two. Knew I could count on ya's!!! beerchug.gif

........b
davep
As Dave says, the gaskets match the application. The copper rings are different as are the exhaust gaskets. The 2.0 gaskets have larger ID's in both cases. Using a 1.7 system on a 2.0 will add extra restriction, but you may not notice it except at high revs.
dinomium
Caution, slight thread hijack aproaching, sorry
can't get the old copper rings out of my 2ltr head! mad.gif I have tried heat, and then compressed air...
any ideas?
davep
I try to get a very thin screwdriver between the copper and the aluminum beside it. Be very careful. Once I can get a decent wedge in there, I twist the driver to collapse the copper ring in on itself. Being copper that is not too hard. You try to stay away from the sealling surface of the head.
dinomium
thanks, Dave, I tried that and ruined two screwdrives and two of my dental pick kit...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.