Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: twin turbo ur 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
wtf is this! lol....all I can say is yikes...
http://www.914world.com/classifieds/detail...?cat=21&de=2201

unsure.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Apr 19 2004, 10:44 AM)
wtf is this!

well - what it's -not- is 1 picture of two turbos. it's two pictures of one turbo.

have a look at the -identical- random nicks and notches on the ports and flanges, and the obvious "cut and paste" line where the parts overlap.

wouldn't mind knowing more about them, assuming it's just a quick way to create an image. mfg name, model number, inlet and outlet turbine housing specs...

and while you -can- turbo a 914, it's -not- just a matter of blowing pressurised air into the throttle body, and the firing sequence of a boxer 4 makes trying to mount one turbo on each side of the engine quite a challenge.. 6's can get away with it because there are 3 equally-timed ignition events on each bank - not so on a 4...
URY914
Gee...

Who made them?

Seems like a good question, maybe not. cool_shades.gif

Paul
iamchappy
You guys haven't been following my thread on the 914gt turbo carrera, kinda sort of converson. I should have it out on the road in the next week or so.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=8438&st=60
Mueller
pretty lame not to have the model information (T3, T4, KKK, IHI or what??)
in an ad...he did lower his price, very tempting, I'll have to email to see if he knows what the specs are...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 19 2004, 12:57 PM)
You guys haven't been following my thread on the 914gt turbo carrera, kinda sort of converson

i started down that thread, lost interest when it turned into refinery pictuires.

so is that you classified ad with the two pictures of one turbo? what make & model?

that ad makes it sound like it's child's play to turbo a /4, which it isn't.

are you using one or two turbos in your project? i'm following along because i've wanted to do something like that too. it'll be a while before i can begin, tho ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.