Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DO you find yourself following other 914s?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I was on my way home and saw this one at the intersection and had to follow it. A really nice 73 2.0L. I had a short conversation with the driver hand found out it has been in her family for awhile and was in storage. She's still working a few bugs out on it, but it's not in the garage anymore. Told her about world hopefully she will join us here.

If so let me be the first to welcome you.
jt914-6
Years ago I followed a 914 all the way to her house.....turned out to be a nice girl and a nice 914....
Mike Bellis
I never see other 914's on the road. I think there all on jack stands? sad.gif
jsayre914
i would never!!!

your all a bunch of stalkers.

biggrin.gif
patssle
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Oct 11 2010, 07:16 PM) *

Years ago I followed a 914 all the way to her house.....turned out to be a nice girl and a nice 914....

This guy stalks women to their house!
kphimself
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 11 2010, 11:17 PM) *

I never see other 914's on the road. I think there all on jack stands? sad.gif

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure i would stalk someone in a 914 if i ever get lucky enough to see one. Perhaps in a couple weeks mine will be back on the road and i will have 914 stalkers too.
mburkhart
I actually obtained my 914 by following it and getting the owner to pull over. It turned out that he was on his way home from having the car tuned in order to put it up for sale. Lucky me!
campbellcj
Interestingly, even around here where I drive every day in "car heaven" (Calabasas/Malibu/Santa Monica) I very seldom see 914's anymore, or 356's for that matter. I do see early 911's and 912's fairly often. All of these cars seem to either have rusted away or spend 98% of their time stored in garages.
JRust
I have followed more than one 914 until they stopped. Never been a problem although they look a little funny at you at first. Once I start commenting on their 914. They smile & talk for a while. I usually leave them with a card of some sort. Besides directing them here & telling them about any event's coming up.
dw914er
I hardly see 914's around being driven. Mine sits in the garage too sad.gif
Cairo94507
In the SF Bay Area, where we are fortunate enough to have good weather, I would expect to see more 914's than I do. Every once in a while I will see one but not often enough.

I plan to have mine driving come spring of '11. Please keep your fingers crossed that the car cooperates. My plan is then to drive it on the weekends while I amass the fortune needed to restore it! driving.gif
6freak
I dont follow anyone ..I pass them all driving.gif
Root_Werks
The only time I seem to note a 914 on the road in the PNW area is when there is an event.

I drive mine daily, it's the only one I see.
Ferg
I see a 914 at least every few days, but I live sorta between Gint and Brant both of whom pretty much DD theirs. shades.gif
patssle
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 12 2010, 08:55 PM) *

Interestingly, even around here where I drive every day in "car heaven" (Calabasas/Malibu/Santa Monica) I very seldom see 914's anymore, or 356's for that matter. I do see early 911's and 912's fairly often. All of these cars seem to either have rusted away or spend 98% of their time stored in garages.

I was on a road trip through California a couple weeks ago, and besides the TONS of classic cars that I saw, I did see 2 914s between Santa Barbara and Thousand Oaks.

I haven't seen another 914 in Houston on the road in my short 24 years that I can recall. Hell, I haven't seen a single classic car in the past 2 weeks of BEAUTIFUL driving weather. Grrr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.