Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Stand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I made an engine stand hub for my T4 1.7. It worked like a charm. It has a nice fit on the transmission spigot.
My buddy is doing his 2.4 for his 911 and wants to borrow it. Is the flange the same on the two engines? Will it fit?
Tx
Doug
tracks914
Before this gets buried on page 4.....anyone? pray.gif pray.gif
Mark Henry
Your overkill stand should work fine.
Rusty
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Let's see the one you made!

-Rusty smoke.gif
Mark Henry
He posted a pic quite a while back. It was a homemade (work wink.gif ) head that was total overkill, on a V8 stand.
If I remember correctly.
cool.gif
Rusty
My bad. Sometimes I miss a lot of stuff.

-Rusty smoke.gif
maxwelj
I used a VW head from JC Whitney, thinking I would just modify the part that goes into the base, but it happened to fit as is. I did have to grind on the bolt flange a little to get it to clear the ridge on the block, however. It bolts to one of the case halves only. I'm not sure whether I could put the flywheel on, but it seems to hold my 6 OK. And for less than $50, I'm happy!
tracks914
Here is a picture of it. I really just wanted to know if the flanges were the same size.
tracks914
and another with it attached to the T4
tracks914
And of course with the engine done and dressed. (just cause I like the look of it)
Mark Henry
You could mount the whole 911 on that! biggrin.gif

Yes the bellhousing flange is the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.