Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eric Shea, This one's for you
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I mounted Ferrari calipers and 911 rotors on the rear of my narrow body car. The rotors are 5mm deeper than the 914 solid rotors. Either you need to add a 5mm shim between the hub and the rotor and move the whole assembly outboard or you add washers between the caliper and the trailing arm and move the caliper toward the midline. (Eric can provide the shims) I chose the washers so I could still get 205's under the rear fenders.

Anyway, my emergency brake needed to be pulled way up to lock the rear wheels. (I chose the Ferrari calipers so I could still have an E brake) I tried adjusting the venting distance a couple of times but it was right on and the brake pedal was nice so, I used a forked stick to hold the handle way up and felt kind of foolish. I was thinking my cables were stretching.

This morning DOH. I moved the calipers toward the midline, the cables are the right length. I changed the geometry of the system so no wonder it doesn't work. Now I just need a solution to take uop the slack.

Dave
tradisrad
you can adjust the e-brake cables.
markb
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 12 2010, 02:50 PM) *

you can adjust the e-brake cables.

agree.gif
McMark
agree.gif

Follow the cables to where they enter the cabin. There are adjusting nuts there. Interesting timing... I'm doing this job tomorrow for a customer.
Eric_Shea
Yupper... adjust the cables and report back. That 4.5 to 5mm shouldn't affect anything.
DNHunt
I was just feeling like kind of an idiot looking at it and making it a bigger problem than it really was.

Dave
sean_v8_914
did you remove the splash guards? their bracket "shims" the caliper
Eric_Shea
making it a bigger problem than it really was

As long as it keeps you entertained... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.