Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi All,
I need to know what to expect.
Last time I did this was years ago. Dodge van, rebuilt a 318 with an rv cam & lifters, aftermarket intake manifold & carb. The first few minutes there was so much clatter I was sure that I must have f'ed up something - it was going to be an expensive day... and then, everything smoothed out & hot time in the city. Should I expect the same???
huh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!! It will sound like alll the valves are about to fall out.
Jake Raby
Unless its a hydro engine it should sound quiet when it first fires up, as long as the valves are properly adjusted... Hydros take a while to pump up and are loud as shit.
d7n7master
Well then, sit down & hold on. I eyeballed the dizzy. Letz party!!! chowtime.gif
d7n7master
Thanks a lot, I needed to hear that. Like I said - it's been a long time. It worked out better than expected. But imbedded in my brain is the sound of "uhhhooohhhh"!!! when I first turned the key and it came to life... + from Jake's post I somehow had a feeling that Jake knew my new engine has WebCam 107i hyd. cam & lifters. He's beeen doggin' me for doin' this for quite awhile... That's cool. I still have the engine I removed. Maybe I'll learn that a hyd. cam & lifter 2165 can't live on D-Jet. I'll go Megasquirt before I pray.gif carbs. & in the meantime I get to tear the "old" engine apart & see what the hell sounds like BAM-BAM-BAM, has NO power, can't pull third gear & still takes you home. I LUV my 914!!! beer3.gif Come on summer!!!
mike_the_man
I LUV your avatar! biggrin.gif
d7n7master
(I LUV your avatar!)
Thanx, she's ohhh sooo HOT!!!
Here'sa little game for ya; Try to find the truck in this pic.
mike_the_man
Truck?!? I see a yellow blur in the background, but my eyes only seem to be ablt to focus on one place in that picture :dhead: Mikey Likey!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.