Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about the E-brake wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
Now that i am piecing the interior back togeather, i find myself asking those small detailed questions....

the e brake wire comes out from the tunnel near the firewall and i think it goes across the floor into a hole w/ grommet right next to the brake switch located in the crossbar under the drivers seat. Did that wire just run across the floor??

I forgot to snap a pic

thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 13 2010, 03:11 PM) *
Did that wire just run across the floor??

Nope. It's tucked away behind the backpad and the carpet on the long.

popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
Thanks andy
beerchug.gif
zymurgist
So it goes into a harness in the tunnel, then? I've been puzzling over this on Babydoll for a long long time now...
McMark
The e-brake switch wire branches off from the main body harness at the rear of the cabin, near the firewall. It then runs along the firewall between the backpad and the sound pad (although the floor works fine) then along the floor towards the cross member. It enters the cross member on the back side through a small round grommet. When you're hooking up the switch you'll want to pull the wire out of the square hole in the top of the cross member, attach it to the switch, then screw the switch into place. There is only a single wire. The wire is a ground wire, and when the ebrake is up the switch grounds the wire to illuminate the warning light. When the ebrake is down, the connection is broken, and the light goes out.
Eric_Shea
you sure about that... huh.gif

biggrin.gif

Man... I've got a pile of wire I want to delete. Come on over Mark.
McMark
biggrin.gif Sounds like fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.