Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My dad - a porsche contest WINNER?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racer
PCA was conducting a contest: https://porsche.promo.eprize.com/60years/di...=classic_search

My dad's car showed up here.. on the winners page:
https://porsche.promo.eprize.com/classic/di...ge?page=gallery

His is the 1970 914-6 he bought new and still drives.. 40 years later!
poorsche914
Congats to your dad! smilie_pokal.gif
Tom_T
Congratz to your Dad!

Always nice to see another L80E with Beige interior! smile.gif
ConeDodger
Yes... 40th anniversary and all that. Once this is over, we can probably go back to being the illegitimate ugly step-child NARP that we are...

Congratulations to your dad though!
johannes
That's funny because I could see about 15 cars on the members VIN list for 914 that are older...
JmuRiz
I guess the older cars didn't bother to enter biggrin.gif Good for your dad entering....you can't win if you don't play.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 14 2010, 12:30 AM) *

Yes... 40th anniversary and all that. Once this is over, we can probably go back to being the illegitimate ugly step-child NARP that we are...

LOL, I know you might think I am crazy screwy.gif , but 914 is fully embraced by the PCA crowd these days. Hell, we had a flared 914 at WG in August and it got more attention than a brand new GT2 drooley.gif .

the GT2 was faster however... lol
johannes
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Oct 14 2010, 07:20 AM) *

LOL, I know you might think I am crazy screwy.gif , but 914 is fully embraced by the PCA crowd these days. Hell, we had a flared 914 at WG in August and it got more attention than a brand new GT2 drooley.gif .

Attention goes to the rarest (and weirdest) car ... first.gif
Racer
I am sure there are some older ones out there.. but the first criteria to win is to enter wink.gif Not sure what else they were looking for.. documentation of US delivery would be a part of it.. Originality might have played into it.

I too agree that 914s have now "double dipped" in the pca world.. first ostracized.. then turned into monster winners (flares, a 6 etc).. then flames out due to age (rust, slowness etc) and are coming back simply due to their age, scarcity and simplicity.
Drums66
Ya....go Daddy, congratulations first.gif
bye1.gif slap.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Oct 14 2010, 08:20 AM) *

agree.gif As I was headed back to my car last week from getting a jamba juice a older guy fallowed me to my car, And handed me a PCA invite blink.gif
flipb
Autoweek picked up this story.

Side note, very cool that the 1950 Pre-A will be shown at the LA Auto Show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.