Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crappy weather
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
I have a rare work-from-home day today. I have to run some errands around lunch time. Normally, that's a no-brainer: Take the Teener!

But it's gross, cool, and rainy today. I have a minor leak around the passenger window, but it's more that I'm just concerned about getting this rust-tastic thing soaking wet.

Drive it? Or take the boring DD?

Corollary: After driving in rain with headlights on/open, do other people leave the headlights open (I can quickly disconnect the battery with the "green knob" thing) to dry? Or is that pointless?

What else do others do/dry/check after driving in rain?
VaccaRabite
I'd leave it at home.
JmuRiz
Last time I drove mine in the rain the fuel pump died, so I just keep it inside these days when the weather is crap. Besides it's leaks like crazy (the weatherstripping, not the motor).
type47
Yea, leave it home. Today is a good day to wash the undercarriage of the daily driver driving-girl.gif I worked with a guy who was a Corvette fan with their fiberglass bodies. He'd cup his ear with his hand and say "Do you hear that? It's the sound of your Porsche rusting away" ar15.gif
VaccaRabite
Your headlight buckets have drainage holes. Feel free to close them.

Zach
jsayre914
agree.gif
Leave it home, under an umbrella smile.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 14 2010, 12:37 PM) *

agree.gif

What? I can not believe you, who will drive your poor can in a monsoon or blinding salted snowstorm, is back up the "park it if its raining" crowd!

Who are you, and what did you do with Joe?

Zach
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 14 2010, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 14 2010, 12:37 PM) *

agree.gif

What? I can not believe you, who will drive your poor can in a monsoon or blinding salted snowstorm, is back up the "park it if its raining" crowd!

Who are you, and what did you do with Joe?

Zach

I am depressed, have not drove my car in MONTHS wacko.gif
If i cant drive Nobody drives poke.gif
ripper911
I have to say it...

Thats why the car has windshield wipers and that black thing in the rear trunk that goes over your head.

When it's raining, my left arm/leg gets soaked... and the engine takes a minute to get going right, but it's a car!

Drive that thing! Rain, snow, ice, whatever!
Eddie914
Drive in the rain? ... in Seattle sometimes you just gotta ... like when there is a rainy track day!

IPB Image

I don't have any headlight buckets so I can't advise on that point. My car has a tough time drying out after a day like shown above ... there are more holes that let water in, than holes for the water to drain out ... maybe I just need to drill more drain holes!

Cheers

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.