Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which of our Vendors sell these ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
OK, so I've got CRS and I can't remember where these are sold. There is a wire around harness sold that allows one to use his driving/fog lites w/o having to turn on the headlights. IIRC it was about $25 US.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 14 2010, 08:44 AM) *

OK, so I've got CRS and I can't remember where these are sold. There is a wire around harness sold that allows one to use his driving/fog lites w/o having to turn on the headlights. IIRC it was about $25 US.

Do you mean this?
http://www.jwesteng.com/porsche/914/fog.htm

-Robert
Sleepin
Doh! Beat me to it!
Mark Henry
You can DIY here http://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html
VaccaRabite
Indeed, you do not need the $25 kit. You need a 25 cent piggyback terminal. Easy as pie if you follow the link Mark noted. I did it on my car. took maybe 30 minutes - and that was only as I was being very cautious.

Zach
76-914
Mark had my attention the moment he said DIY. And I do have some piggy back terminal/doublers. Thanks for the second on his motion. You talked me into it you Sly Talking Devil. happy11.gif thx for all responses.

EDIT: Your right Zach. It's a 30 min job. Thanks for the tip Mark. It works beautifully.
JWest
Just to be clear, my fog module is not the same thing as the Demick link.

The link works for what the original poster asked for.

The primary function of the fog light flash kit is to allow the fogs to be used to flash other drivers with the high beam switch when the headlights are off. A by-product of the install is the separation of the headlights from the fog circuit if desired.
montoya 73 2.0
I have your Module and could I still install it with Demick's mod's and it flash?
underthetire
Forget the mod, follow the awesome instructions that come with it, and be very happy. It does the free mod + flash too pass. Took me about 15 minutes to install it.
VaccaRabite
agree.gif
If you buy the kit, it negates the need to do the other mod.
montoya 73 2.0
I bought the kit after doing the mod. I just may put the wires back to stock and install the kit. I had to ask!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.