Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signals / Blinker Doesn't Work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
project-914
My turn signal switch DOES work because the left and right side lights come on when the key it out and stay lit like everyone says that they are supposed to do

Then I put the key to the on position, and the blinkers are supposed to work right?

Well, nothing happens

Then I turn the key off, press the blinker switch to left or right and leave it there, turn the key on, and I get 3 to 4 clicks out of my relay board area.

I know that when the key gets turned off, the battery goes straight to the turn signal switch then hazard switch and then to the lights (or maybe in a different order, I don't have my wiring diagram with me)

But when the key is in the on position, the voltage is diverted to the "blinker" (whatever makes it go tick tock) and then through the hazard switch to the lights...

Well, I know my lights,work, and the hazard switch was just replaced (which also fails to light up the hazards)

So I believe I am missing something that makes the lights go on and off, or that passes the voltage

Is it the relay?
or whatever makes it "blink"

I think I am pretty close

Thanks,

JOhnny
Spoke
Here's simplified wire routing for turn signals depending if you have 70-73 or 74-76 914.

Start at the fuse and follow through to the lamps. Find the wires and follow them with your voltmeter.

If you don't have a voltmeter, buy or borrow one.

As far as the turn signal lever turning on the left and right side lights, this is a different switch than the turn signal switch. What you are turning on are the running lights, not the blinker lights.

It could be your flasher relay that is not working. You should check voltages before buying a new flasher relay.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
kphimself
That sounds like a relay, try taping it with a screw driver sometimes they stick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.