Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost a Good Friend Tuesday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lou W
DAN CALLICOTT Aged 60 years passed away peacefully on Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 at his home surrounded by his family. Dan is survived by his wife of 35 years, Kathleen and his daughter Aline both of Hemet. He is also survived by his mother Edna Velthoen of Hemet and a brother David of Idyllwild, CA. Dan began his working career as a field sales manager at Container Corporation of America. While involved with CCA he was able to make many cultural contacts with people from Japan, opening up many opportunities. He then took over Empire Tractor and was recognized by John Deere with many awards. After meeting a neighbor, Dan joined Mitsushiba International, a golf manufacturer, as the Vice President and General Manager expanding on their success and operations around the world. Dan became the Vice President and General Manager of Agri-Empire, and along with Kathy moved from Yorba Linda to Hemet. Dan had a passion for Porsches and motorcycles. He had a love of an eclectic variety of music as well as mountain biking, being a founding member of the Valle Vista Boyz mountain bike group in Hemet. A Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 701 N. Sanderson, Hemet at 10:00 a.m. Interment to follow at San Jacinto Valley Cemetery. In lieu of Flowers Memorial Contributions may be made to City of Hope, www.cityofhope.com or the Western Science Center, 2345 Searl Pkwy, Hemet, CA 92543.
SLITS
Not what I wanted to hear.

championgt1
Sorry for your loss. sad.gif
Elliot Cannon
I last spoke with Dan at the WCR a few years ago. Dan was a great guy and I am sorry he is no longer with us.
rick 918-S
This deeply saddens me. Dan was a wonderful selfless man. When my water pump failed on the Alien during my return trip from the WCR 05 he had one sent over night to Joe O'Brien's place. He wouldn't let me pay him back. I still owe that debt. I knew he was fighting cancer for many years. RIP my friend.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 16 2010, 03:35 AM) *

This deeply saddens me. Dan was a wonderful selfless man. When my water pump failed on the Alien during my return trip from the WCR 05 he had one sent over night to Joe O'Brien's place. He wouldn't let me pay him back. I still owe that debt. I knew he was fighting cancer for many years. RIP my friend.

He was a very kind soul!
I remember seeing him last at WCR '05 also Rick.......
RIP Dan wub.gif
I too met Dan a few times.. seems like a great guy.

Now he can drive as fast as he wants - above.. RIP
KaptKaos
Prayers sent. So sorry for your loss.
SirAndy
Nooooooooo ... sad.gif

I should have taken him up on his offer to come down there a couple of month ago.

Dan was one of the good guys and above all a friend. This really sucks ...
mad.gif
Andyrew
sad.gif

Very sad
ConeDodger
Sorry to hear...
Dr Evil
sad.gif
EdwardBlume
60 was too young. Let's all make today count in his honor. All the best!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 16 2010, 07:44 AM) *

60 was too young. Let's all make today count in his honor. All the best!

agree.gif I think we should all spend time with our families enjoying our passions. I only met Dan a few times and never spending the time with him I would have liked. But from our little time together I sensed he was a driven guy with a passion for family and his hobbies. I too should have taken him up on his invites to come out and spend time on at his place. Our community has lost one of the outstanding good guys again.
Lou W
Its been a really rough week, getting ready this morning for the Memorial Service for my best friend of 36 years who passed away Wenesday from a 2 year battle with brain cancer, Glioblastoma. I'm pretty worn out. This was his car-
Drums66
....Bad news....sorry time. sad.gif
underthetire
Sorry man.. It's tough, i know.
Ferg
sad.gif You will be missed Dan
McMark
sad.gif So sad. Dan was a great guy and a true friend. I'm he made it to WCR 05 so we could hang out.
swood
If someone would post a pic of Dan it would be great to help remember his face. I hate losing friends!
Lou W
QUOTE(swood @ Oct 16 2010, 09:04 PM) *

If someone would post a pic of Dan it would be great to help remember his face. I hate losing friends!

2006 GAF, Ventura, CA
Lou W
Posted on 914club.com

"Hey Club Members"

My father, Dan Callicott, passed away this past Tuesday. Here is a link to his obituary. I thought that all of you would want to know.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pe/obitua...p;pid=145992687

Take care,

Aline
stephen844
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 15 2010, 10:02 PM) *

DAN CALLICOTT Aged 60 years passed away peacefully on Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 at his home surrounded by his family. Dan is survived by his wife of 35 years, Kathleen and his daughter Aline both of Hemet. He is also survived by his mother Edna Velthoen of Hemet and a brother David of Idyllwild, CA. Dan began his working career as a field sales manager at Container Corporation of America. While involved with CCA he was able to make many cultural contacts with people from Japan, opening up many opportunities. He then took over Empire Tractor and was recognized by John Deere with many awards. After meeting a neighbor, Dan joined Mitsushiba International, a golf manufacturer, as the Vice President and General Manager expanding on their success and operations around the world. Dan became the Vice President and General Manager of Agri-Empire, and along with Kathy moved from Yorba Linda to Hemet. Dan had a passion for Porsches and motorcycles. He had a love of an eclectic variety of music as well as mountain biking, being a founding member of the Valle Vista Boyz mountain bike group in Hemet. A Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 701 N. Sanderson, Hemet at 10:00 a.m. Interment to follow at San Jacinto Valley Cemetery. In lieu of Flowers Memorial Contributions may be made to City of Hope, www.cityofhope.com or the Western Science Center, 2345 Searl Pkwy, Hemet, CA 92543.

Dan was my cousin, and hard to believe it will be 10 years since his passing.
I attach a photograph of him in 1972 when I convinced him to try Porsche instead of his Fiat 124 that he had.
Dan is watching me adjust the valves on my 1961 Karmann notchback.

Click to view attachment

This was my 356 back then and I have now added a 1974 Porsche 914 back into my garage.
sixnotfour
never forget
welcome.png
914 Ranch
Dan messed up my bank account for months. I gave him a check for some seatbelts and he would not cash it. I still owe him for some other parts.

I MISS YOU DAN!!!!
Ferg
One of the great ones
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 27 2020, 07:26 AM) *

One of the great ones

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.