Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy shift rod head?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
moparrob
For some reason mother nature decided to permanently bond my shift rod to the shift rod head with a nice coat of rust. I had to cut off the old shift rod head, so it is useless now.

The part in question is number 28 in the first diagram and part number 24 in the second diagram. It contains Porsche part number 914 424 241 02.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Pelican has them for $153.75 but that sounds outrageous to me. Any suggestions on who else might sell them, or the wisdom of getting a used one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob
Mike Bellis
High Performance House, Redwood City, CA
or
Parts Heaven, Hayward, CA
Cap'n Krusty
Call Otto's in Venice. That said, I may have one, and GPR may have 'em, too.

The Cap'n
kkid
And EASY in Emeryville, CA
http://www.easypor.com/

Dr Evil
After you hear what the prices are from those places, provided you dont find a cheap one, let me know and I will search my small stash of parts wink.gif
McMark
Bruce Stone (bdstone here) is in your area and should have spares.
Dr Evil
Cant beat that. Bruce is a nice guy, too.
moparrob
WOW! Thanks for all the quick replies. I'll follow up on the new ones ASAP.

I met Otto last week for the first time. Nice guy, but I forgot to ask him about the shift rod head DOH!

I have bought parts from Bruce in the past and he is very helpful. If I can't find a new one I'm sure Bruce will have one lying around. I'll be seeing him, hopefully, at the Riverside swap on the 24th.
ws91420
I have one sitting here right now I can send out Monday.
bdstone914
I of course have one, Looking at it right in front of me smile.gif If you dont like the new prices let me know and well do some business smile.gif
Gint
Question about possible vendors for a part asked and answered. And now that this has become a classified ad...
bugpartslou
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 16 2010, 07:21 PM) *

Question about possible vendors for a part asked and answered. And now that this has become a classified ad...

you can have mine for $10.00 plus shipping, used of course.
moparrob

OK Mike, calm down. Just a bunch of friendly folks trying to help each other out. Not too much bandwidth consumed by this thread I hope...

Thanks again everyone. Bugpartslou made me an offer I can't refuse.

Bruce, I'll be seeing you at the Riverside swap - I hope. I still need a straight front bumper (no tits, preferably painted but finish is not important since I'll re-paint it), a stock front valance (again, condition not important), and a nice passenger sunvisor.

Thanks again everyone...
Gint
I wasn't excited. This was one of those border line posts. You posted it in the garage. When it became a classified ad and I simply moved it to the correct forum. We have separate forums for a reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.