Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cheapest source for factory parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dem
Since Porsche seems to have pulled back the bulk of inventory to Germany, it doesn't really seem to matter where I buy factory bits from.. are there any dealers/vendors that offer particularly good pricing/shipping charges/etc on factory parts?

Preferably outside of California so I can "defer" my sales tax, wink wink.

Spoke
Assume you're talking about your 914? Check the vendors page on 914world. Lots of vendors making some really nice stuff. Tangerine products (Racer Chris), PMB (Eric Shea) to name a few.

AA and PP have the largest selection of 914 and 911 parts.

I get all my 911 and 914 items from these folks.
ConeDodger
Sunset Porsche in Oregon

dem
Yes, I meant Porsche factory parts for the 914. I'll give Sunset a shot.

Pelican is fine but in California. AA is definitely "business of last resort" for me.

Thanks.
ConeDodger
Stoddard is good too but mostly what they list on their website is closeout stock on stuff they have bought up from other dealerships and the factory.
campbellcj
I bought tons of stuff from Stoddard over the last 20 years, and still do from time to time. They used to be able to supply virtually any factory part, even many NLA/NOS ones. Not sure how true that is anymore - their web site is pretty lame compared to some others whereas in the old days they put out a hardcopy catalog that was awesome.

I've been happy with AA as well, but have not done a huge volume with them.

Pelican is on my list to never buy from again.
914itis
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 16 2010, 10:03 PM) *

I bought tons of stuff from Stoddard over the last 20 years, and still do from time to time. They used to be able to supply virtually any factory part, even many NLA/NOS ones. Not sure how true that is anymore - their web site is pretty lame compared to some others whereas in the old days they put out a hardcopy catalog that was awesome.

I've been happy with AA as well, but have not done a huge volume with them.

Pelican is on my list to never buy from again.

My first experience was bad with AA The rep told me that my parts were in stock and would ship out the same day. not only that they ship out three days later, they shiped it USPS with no tracking... when I called they say that they never told me such.

I was lucky with pelican, part was shipped same day received on time. I am onm the east cost, I used AA for faster, but pelican ended up gatting to me first, 4 days earlier.
markb
Factory parts? Why not try the dealer first? Sorry, we're in Ca & will charge sales tax.
914Sixer
I use Henessey Porsche in Roswell, GA(888-414-3960). They are with in few miles of the the Porsche warehouse in the Atlanta. They are very knowledgeable and HAPPY to order stuff from Germany. They sell a dealer cost plus a small percent.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
nice

QUOTE(dem @ Oct 16 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Yes, I meant Porsche factory parts for the 914. I'll give Sunset a shot.

Pelican is fine but in California. AA is definitely "business of last resort" for me.

Thanks.

Mikey914
For OEM. Sunset (as it's near me), or Stoddard I've had very good luck with.
Cupomeat
I usually go with a local Porsche Shop (Powertech in NJ) and they get direct from Factory parts cheaper than the dealer (probably just less mark up).

PLUS don't forget to use your PCA discount of 10% whenever buying Porsche Factory parts, unless you aren't a PCA member, then join first. You can save the $42 a year quickly...
Brett W
Why has the factory pulled the inventory back? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
ME733
.Automoble Atlanta........1-800-792-4944.....They have the inventory, they have a catalog,...they have reproduction parts that the dealers nor the factory has,..They have the experience,and how to repair books, and a 914 used car lot... They have been supporting 914s with parts and repair services for more than 25 years.
Drums66
...I 2nd that.....alot of these people here were'nt
even born yet....as long as George has been
helping me with parts!! poke.gif
they were 1 of the few in town!!
bye1.gif

r_towle
Factory parts....go to a dealer.
If you want the real deal....hook up with some online friends in Germany and get the german parts.
Most of the parts are aftermarket now anyways..Porsche is not making anything for our cars...

What exactly are you looking for, and why do you need it to be a factory part?
If you are building a 99 point restoration...go it.
Otherwise, the current inventories of aftermarket parts are pretty good quality and really demand a closer look.

Given that...the rubber seems to have limits...not all the profiles are correct..but the factory still does have some of it...the little stuff.

914rubber.com seems to be filling in where the factory is lacking nowadays.
Chrome trim, go to AA...he has a good selection, and it is in stock.

Any of the FI hard parts...make alot of calls...its a crap shoot.

For interiors, world upholstery.

Cant think of much else you would want factory..

RIch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.