Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car of the Month Nominations Closed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I'm taking over running the COTM from rick 918-s as he is quite busy. We are a little behind so Liz get to be COTM for a 3rd month

This time there is no Theme, just Cool 914s (or 6s)
As usual, please Nominate a worthy car/individual ( the candidates need to be active members of this site)

When Nominating please post a picture of the car and the Members Forum name

The nomination needs to be 2nd'd

When we have 5 cars nominated & seconded, I will post a Voting Thread

As usual, The Winner gets His (or Her's ) picture on the Home Page and a designation in their signature.

I don't think Jon Bovey has his car yet, but when (if) nominated, he finishes 2nd biggrin.gif

Good Luck,
T.C.
RiqueMar
Am I first? Wow!

I nominate Sleepins 1.8

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
Another picture...

Click to view attachment
jsayre914
I vote Kens car. It is bueatiful, i got to see it first hand.

kenshapiro2002

Good luck Ken piratenanner.gif
AndyB
drunk.gif I will second this one. That paint job is awesome. That would be Kens Car
McMark
I second Eric (Sleepin).
jcambo7
I nominate PeeGreen914 (Jon Bovey) For 2nd place of course!
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=112060
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
I nominate BUTTERCUP. Let me go find a picture or 3 dozen.
messix
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 17 2010, 05:27 PM) *

I nominate PeeGreen914 (Jon Bovey) For 2nd place of course!
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=112060
Click to view attachment

i second for second place!!!
RJMII
I second BUTTERCUP. smile.gif
ConeDodger
I nominate ScooterD's (Scott Detro) Phoenix Red beauty... It wins people's choice at every show it goes to. Perfection is hard to beat. Nice job Scott and happy birthday too!!!
roadster fan
I second ScooterD's phoenix red beauty! It is the nicest 914 I have ever seen. Rob is right, It wins an award at every event, simply awesome.

Jim
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Am going to nominate my own 914, if that is O.K. if it isn't I still will !
Dave slap.gif
Sleepin
I will second (or first) Dave's car...I love black 914s! wub.gif
mepstein
I nominate Sam Charters 914-6 prototype. It has an interesting history.
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 18 2010, 12:26 PM) *

I don't believe he is a Member of this Forum and as I stated, I want these contests to be open to Active Members. They don't have to be a Post Whore like me biggrin.gif , but they should be contributing something.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Oct 18 2010, 07:49 AM) *

I second ScooterD's phoenix red beauty! It is the nicest 914 I have ever seen. Rob is right, It wins an award at every event, simply awesome.

Jim

I stand corrected. Now I just need to find some more pictures of Scott's car... It is literally the closest thing to a true restoration I have seen in 914 terms. The only thing I know of that wasn't a NOS part were the new SSI heat exchangers he bought from me. A truly beautiful 'new' 914...
RFoulds
Sam Charters is a Member. He posted just last week when I asked, WHERE IS THAT CAR?!
SN #914114
I will second it, but if it cannot be considered because Sam is not all that active, then I nominate George's 916.
Tom_T
Hopefully TC just meant an "Active" member who has posted from time to time - as opposed to a "Lurker", cuz we all have sh.... er ... "stuff" that comes up & keeps us away.

From that pic though, that 914-6 Prototype has an interesting history - as any 914 prototype would from the 914/914-6 history standpoint, but it sure needs some resto TLC! biggrin.gif

... OH and .... shades.gif

PS - I'll be the back-up 2nd for Dave's if needed. Nice 914 Dave! drooley.gif
... Dave's nomination is well deserved for at least 3 reasons:
1 - it's a damn nice looking 914 from that pic (haven't seen it in person);
2 & 3 - he does a double service to the 914 community with his Center Console resto's to put into our 914s, then he donates the proceeds from their sales to charity!
smilie_pokal.gif

Sam's 914-6 Prototype appears to have 1st & 2nd already - if TC condones it to be "active enough"! biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Oct 18 2010, 08:44 PM) *

Sam Charters is a Member. He posted just last week when I asked, WHERE IS THAT CAR?!
SN #914114

... here is his post biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 18 2010, 12:38 PM) *

Jim

I stand corrected. Now I just need to find some more pictures of Scott's car... It is literally the closest thing to a true restoration I have seen in 914 terms. The only thing I know of that wasn't a NOS part were the new SSI heat exchangers he bought from me. A truly beautiful 'new' 914...

Umm, that car looks like it has 5-lug and tits. It is a very beautiful car but a true restoration, to me is 100% stock.
poorsche914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Oct 18 2010, 03:44 PM) *
... then I nominate George's 916.

I second the 916 nomination driving.gif
IPB Image
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 18 2010, 12:26 PM) *

I don't believe he is a Member of this Forum and as I stated, I want these contests to be open to Active Members. They don't have to be a Post Whore like me biggrin.gif , but they should be contributing something.

Sam Charters
Member Group: Members
Member No.: 7,374

tscrihfield
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 17 2010, 05:36 PM) *

Another picture...

Click to view attachment

I second Sleepins Car!!! Beautiful car!

T
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 18 2010, 12:24 PM) *

Jim

Umm, that car looks like it has 5-lug and tits. It is a very beautiful car but a true restoration, to me is 100% stock.

Jon,
You can criticize other contestants cars all you want and you are STILL going to come in second... OR WORSE!!! av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 18 2010, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 18 2010, 12:24 PM) *

Jim

Jon,
You can criticize other contestants cars all you want and you are STILL going to come in second... OR WORSE!!! av-943.gif

dry.gif true
carr914
The Nominations are now Closed !

According to time lines, the 5 Finalists are

Sleepin

Kenshapiro2002

Buttercup ( this is MaryShortridge right?)

ScooterD

BarberDave

2 Things I need;

1. If the People Nominated would eMail me a Picture of their car that they would like to be the Official Picture for Voting. If you nominated them, let them know. My eMail address is uglracerx@verizon.net

2. I need a little tutorial on setting up a Poll (everytime I tried it hasn't worked headbang.gif ) This can be done via pm.

Good Luck to our Five Contestants
Gint
As much as I'd like to see BarberDave's car among the nominees (beautiful 914 BTW) , I think we made it a rule early on that you can't nominate your own car. True? I'd nominate him myself, but as an admin I kind of consider myself ineligible for this sort of thing. So someone else d o it. wink.gif
rick 918-S
Thanks for taking this over T.C. I'm working 7 days a week from 5am til 2am. I come here for a mental break from time to time during the day but no real time to spend here.

Mike, If it's ok I would like to nominate Dave's car myself. Do you know he has cruise control on that little beauty? Very cool.. smilie_pokal.gif

Edit: Oh, I sent you a pm with pole instructions. I can barely post much less start a pole but I think I gave you ok directions.

Peace/out
black73
RULES ? we don't need no stinking rules!

I nominate BarberDave.
greenie
Am I to late?

I wanted to nominate Jon Boveys old car, is this against the rules?

Do you still have to own the car to get 2nd place?

Very confusing....
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 18 2010, 05:32 PM) *
As much as I'd like to see BarberDave's car among the nominees (beautiful 914 BTW) , I think we made it a rule early on that you can't nominate your own car.

If i'm counting right, "PeeGreen914" was nominated 3rd (and second by messix), which puts Dave in 6th place anyways ...

1 - Sleepin
2 - kenshapiro2002
3 - PeeGreen914
4 - BUTTERCUP
5 - ScooterD

popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 18 2010, 06:44 PM) *

As much as I'd like to see BarberDave's car among the nominees (beautiful 914 BTW) , I think we made it a rule early on that you can't nominate your own car.

If i'm counting right, "PeeGreen914" was nominated 3rd (and second by messix), which puts Dave in 6th place anyways ...

1 - Sleepin
2 - kenshapiro2002
3 - PeeGreen914
4 - BUTTERCUP
5 - ScooterD

popcorn[1].gif

I put in an early second above for Dave's anyway (post #19), & since he cannot nominate himself, then the original seconder moves to nominator/"or first" (post #14) - so Dave's should be included (don't ask me how I know, too many "committees" in life! dry.gif ) - not to mention the additional nominations for Dave's above.

So is it limited to the 1st 5 nominees per month or something? confused24.gif
... if so, then start a list for the next month's COTM - since it's COTM - not COEOM! biggrin.gif .... "Car OF Every Other Month"

Also, was the 914-6 prototype not included because it's not restored, he's not active enough as a member, or.......?? confused24.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 18 2010, 08:32 PM) *

As much as I'd like to see BarberDave's car among the nominees (beautiful 914 BTW) , I think we made it a rule early on that you can't nominate your own car. True? I'd nominate him myself, but as an admin I kind of consider myself ineligible for this sort of thing. So someone else d o it. wink.gif

I thought about that, but since it wasn't in the rules I laid down, plus the fact that 2 members nominated/2nd'd he comes thru a loophole.
From now on no self nominations

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 18 2010, 09:44 PM) *

1 - Sleepin
2 - kenshapiro2002
3 - PeeGreen914
4 - BUTTERCUP
5 - ScooterD

popcorn[1].gif

I communicated with Jon via pm and he declined the Nomination as he just received the car, the picture doesn't represent the car as it is right now and it hasn't been Bovey'd yet.

So the Nominations stand as I posted them
Gint
You've thought it through. Works for me. Closing this thread. PM forthcoming with poll instructions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.