Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long has it been ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jsayre914
sad.gif I just checked my exhaust thread, that would be the one where a nice guy melted my brand new Bursch. That was the dark day when my car went on

"THE STAND"

it has now been 70 days since i have driven my 914 hissyfit.gif
I will hopefully have her up by this comming weekend. The exhaust should be on its way back and i am almost done with the sound deading project. I also changed out the pedal cluster, resealed the back window, replaced the 3 piece targa seal, started a stereo project, the list will never end

SELL YOUR JACK STANDS!!!

do not put them under your car. They always lead to bigger projects wacko.gif

How long has it been for you guys. Lets here it....
Sailor
Yesterday!!:D
VaccaRabite
7 days.

Zach
'73-914kid
About 2 minutes ago
jsaum
I haven't driven it since July I got to drive it for just over 30 miles before the engine spun a bearing, before that it sat apart for twelve years damn those jack stands! Today I picked up a parts car that hopefully will have a running motor and I can get it on the road in the next thirty days. That's my goal!

Jsaum
gopack
sad.gif 2004 mad.gif
ripper911
I just drove it out in the yard and took this picture.
IPB Image
Billy drove it too.
kharma
Never... damn jack stands! But, I was convinced to fire it up last night. Stank up the whole house beerchug.gif
AndyB
On to the trailer off of the trailer into the garage. And nowits holding down jackstands... hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
ws91420
At least 2 years if not more driving any teener, unless sitting the behind wheel and makng vroom vroom sounds counts.
kphimself
Never hissyfit.gif I hope to in a couple weeks if the rust gods cut me a break.
Spoke
Yesterday.

However, the "S" on the engine lid came off and while I intended to just re-attach the "S", I am now in the middle of a complete strip and paint of the engine lid. The car will be down for most of the week. headbang.gif
qa1142
yesterday driving.gif
Gint
Got home just about two hours ago. Fantastic day today. Rain tomorrow, but it looks like 914 weather again on Tuesday. smile.gif
jonferns
Haven't driven mine since July, went on vacation and now im way too busy with school. Haven't even been on the forums much!
gandalf_025
It has been a very long time... The only way I could remember how long was to go out to the car and check the last Inspection Sticker.

.Click to view attachment

Yeah, it HAS been that long..
JTarver
About 6 hours. Indeed, it feels like an eternity. But somehow I'll manage. I will be driving it into the garage in about half an hour though, maybe that'll get me through the night. =)

Joe
jcambo7
Since the middle of July. headbang.gif Thanks for reminding me. chair.gif Its not on jacks though. biggrin.gif
bmtrnavsky
About an hour ago! driving.gif piratenanner.gif
mepstein
I'm pretty sure it was the summer of 1988. But I will be driving it again by May 19th of 2011 (45th b-day present) smile.gif
Porschef
Today, twice. Drove it over to my folks house to remove their air conditioners. Damn, she's running good! So good I took it out again around 2:00, it was a perfect day for it. Got back in time to watch the Jets squeak one out.

Joe
raw1298
Four days ago, in and out of the garage. But it is off the jackstands! biggrin.gif I will be selling those very soon. I don't want them to sneak back under the car.
rudedude
Today! Its close to the end for our season, so sad.
zx-niner
Six days. Thought about taking it out today but it rained!
flipb
About 10 minutes ago! driving.gif

I've had a good stretch since getting a new fuel pump last month.

Last Friday: Drove to work
Last Sunday: Got in a morning drive
Thursday: Didn't drive it, thanks to others' advice...
Yesterday: Got my first true joyride (twisty back roads) since July, while kids were napping
Today: Took my wife out for a pre-birthday dinner, about 30 miles each way

Between the mechanical shape (almost everything currently works) and waning days of nice weather, I'm trying to do all the driving I can. Tomorrow should be beautiful weather - if traffic isn't too bad I might drive to work again.
NC_Colfax
Today...I drive it Sunday's.

That is if I'm not working on it.
Black22
April 2nd...the day I gave her away to the paint shop. Steadily putting her back together with new parts. Maybe I'll be done by the end of November just in time to put her to sleep until spring....darn it!
bcheney
Well..........I haven't driven mine since 1989....yup...you read that right. I am hoping for a Christmas 2010 or early 2011 ride.
oldschool
Yesterday Mt Baldy drooley.gif Click to view attachment
RJMII
August 7th. I took my father in law for a ride in it with the turbo dumping oil into the intake. It still had a nice little punch at WOT, but not like it used to before it started knocking and burnign oil.
Bee Jay
It's been over a year. My 2.0 liter lost a valve seat again. Instead of fixing the engine again, I'm finally doing my six conversion.
Bee Jay
IPB Image
nsr-jamie
Around 2 months for me, hope to be driving the car again soon in the next couple of weeks.
kerensky
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 17 2010, 04:39 PM) *

I'm pretty sure it was the summer of 1988. But I will be driving it again by May 19th of 2011 (45th b-day present) smile.gif
Wow, nearly as long as me! I parked 'Lou' in the summer of 1986. I doubt she'll make my 45th birthday in 2012 after sitting this long. sad.gif
andrewb
At last ! I'm going to win something - although you may disqualify me on a technicality. I haven't driven mine since the day I bought it - May 20th 1988. The technicality is that I didn't drive it then either as it was - and is - rotten as a pear.
However I am now making progress - the shell is almost completely stripped, I've primered some of it and I'm learning to weld. There'll be a resto thread when I've made some real progress - like stuck something on rather than chiselled it off.
type47
ECC sad.gif However I am looking forward to Halloween weekend at a driving event. In fact, today I started packing the tools.
biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Legally? ~ 4 years.

Its been on non op for quite a while. I DO however drive it around the block every 4 months, and I run the engine for 30 minutes every month.

Cupomeat
Last time I drove mine was 7/27...

sad.gif

Looking to find a way to have her down in NJ all summer next year. If only I could make my garage bigger... sawzall-smiley.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 17 2010, 02:58 PM) *
How long has it been ?, since you drove your teener

The answer would have been 'yesterday' except i caught the flu and didn't get to drive it.

So the answer now is 'Last Thursday' or '4 days ago' ...
smile.gif
JmuRiz
Last time I drove it further than down the street to see how bad the carbs were working was 3 years ago!!! It was on the trip home from my wedding, since then the passenger door handle, window regulator and carbs have gone kaput. I plan on really attacking this winter and next year...to be reborn as a 6 conversion...anyone in the market for a 2.0 engine with carbs?
bembry
I think about 4 years ago, and it was really rough (burned valve, backfiring, overheating, and bad motor and tranny mounts letting things clunk around loudly). Although I've had it since 1995, I've put less than 1000 miles on it in total, I believe.

That's gonna change soon though! It's ready to roll with a new 2056 and other goodies, and will meet me in Rhode Island when I get back to the States in early Nov.

That's my white 914 on McMark's banner ad. piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
PThompson509
Wow, and here I was feeling sorry for myself since I haven't driven Sparky for the last month. I've been busy chasing down a ground fault - stupid batter pack keeps causing the charger to trip the GFCI.
iamchappy
About 30 minutes....
hot_shoe914
I am driving mine right now, sitting here waiting on a train to go by. aktion035.gif
naro914
yesterday, back from MUSR11..drove about 800 miles this weekend!!
Niklas
I have never been driving both my 914...
They are not drivable yet.
But they will.... driving-girl.gif
oldschool
My red car has been down for almost a year...... headbang.gif what sucks is that I have everythingClick to view attachment to get it running hissyfit.gif
iamchappy
About 10 minutes.....
t collins
Yesterday

Click to view attachment

r_towle
close to a year now...
Ashamed to say there is nothing really wrong with it, just lost interest for the time being...

Still registered and insured...drove it around to the back of the barn and I start it every so often...
No road time for a long time.

Rich
Jeffs9146
Thanks for reminding me!!!! It's been at least 4 years for me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.