Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 headlight motors in a Ferrari Daytona?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChicagoPete
So I was just watching "Chasing Classic Cars" with Wayne Carrini on Discovery HD. They were restoring a Daytona Spyder and converting the headlights from covered lights back to pop-up head lights.

They were having trouble with the mechanism and the motors and they discovered it was a Porsche part and believe it or not they were from the 914!!!

Anyone else see this??

Peter
Sleepin
No....but I feel the price of my box of headlight assemblies in my garage going up already! biggrin.gif
jflash914
QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ Oct 17 2010, 03:40 PM) *

So I was just watching "Chasing Classic Cars" with Wayne Carrini on Discovery HD. They were restoring a Daytona Spyder and converting the headlights from covered lights back to pop-up head lights.

They were having trouble with the mechanism and the motors and they discovered it was a Porsche part and believe it or not they were from the 914!!!

Anyone else see this??

Peter

Hello Peter,
I saw the same TV show and was surprised that they used the same headlight motors on the Ferrari's as they have on the 914's. The Ferrari they were working on was a car from the early 70's so the time frame for headlight motors is correct.
Jack
Sleepin
I had it on DVR, so I went to check. Sure enough...Porsche part number, so they pulled the motor off of the Daytona and put the 914 motor in....turns out they had a 914 in their lot that they owned on a mechanics lien...go figure!

Episode 32 FTW.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
NC_Colfax
I also saw that.....I want the 914.

He must be a Porsche fan also I always see that same silver 911 on the lift in the background
Sleepin
I sent them an email for the VIN. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.